Who has no bake Christmas recipes??

Mattsmom277

I love all things Christmas baking related. Sometimes though I'm a sucker for a good no bake recipe. easy child isn't focused enough to help from start to finish with a big batch of cookies to cut out etc. But she likes to feel she completely did something. So each year I try to do a few no bake recipes with her so she can feel she alone made something. I stick to quick and easy ones and am wondering what you all might make that she might enjoy trying this year.

Our favorite no bake recipe: (Well there's two versions of it)

Chocolate marshmallow roll:

Melt 1/4 cup of butter along with 1 bag semi sweet chocolate chips. In a large bowl stir a bag of miniature colored marshmallows with a cup of finely chopped peanuts (or walnuts etc). Allow chocolate mixture to cool substantially before mixing into marshmallows. Mix well. Cut 4-5 pieces of wax paper. On each sheet, place coconut and a portion of mixture and using wet hands roll into a log, coating in coconut as you roll. Fold wax paper around log as tight as you can. Place rolls on cookie sheet and put into fridge or freezer to set. Cut into slices when firm. These look so pretty!

Second version: butterscotch peanut butter foll

Follow the same instructions except melt together instead: 1/2-1 cup peanut butter, 1 bag chocolate chips, 1 bag butterscotch chips. Use plan white miniature marshmallows instead of colored marshmallows.

This recipe makes quite a lot and takes about 15 minutes from start to finish.

SRL

Great idea for a thread!

Last year my kids went crazy on making "Tagalongs". Spread creamy peanut butter between two Ritz crackers, then dip in melted chocolate almond bark. Can decorate with nonpariels or drizzle with white chocolate. They're really good and sooooo easy.

I think I'm the only person in the world that doesn't like these Oreo balls. My kids love them plus they disappeared in a hurry at our New Year's Eve gathering.

Oreo Balls

1 pkg Oreos (1lb 2oz....your average size...3 rows)
1 pkg cream cheese 8 oz. (brought to room temp for 1 hr)
1 pound white chocolate wafers
handful of other color wafers for drizzle

In food processor, process Oreos until fine. Transfer these to mixing bowl.(my sister just mixes by hand...I prefer the mixer) Stir until combined (you will know when). Roll into 3/4" balls and place on cookie sheet. Melt white chocolate in microwave on 50 percent power for 1 minute. Stir until smooth. You may need a little extra time...if so, do it in 10 second intervals. I have learned that it is best to not melt completely....as you stir, they continue to melt. If your white chocolate looks thick, it is too hot....let it cool for a few minutes until it becomes more liquid-like. One at a time dip the Oreo ball into the melted white chocolate and place on waxed paper(I like to put waxed paper on my table, I don't think you have enough room on cookie sheets). I just use a regular ol' spoon....no fancy dipping gadget....I tilt the spoon to allow the excess white chocolate to run back into the white chocolate bowl (I use a 2 cup glass measuring cup)...by draining the extra white chocolate off, it saves on chocolate and doesn't allow the Oreo ball to sit in a puddle of chocolate while the chocolate is hardening....makes for a neater appearance...if the ball did end up hardening in a puddle, I trim around the base of the ball with a small thin blade knife before I remove it from the waxed paper. Once the white chocolate has hardened (10 min or so) melt some colored chocolate to drizzle over top. I melt it in a Jell-O dish then just use a spoon to drizzle...sometimes I put it in a sandwich bag and snip a tiny end off and use that kinda like a pastry bag to drizzle....I use a small squeeze bottle for large batches...have fun at your party!!

COFFEE SHOP FUDGE
1 cup chopped pecans
3 cups (18 ounces) chocolate chips
1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
2 tablespoons strong brewed coffee, room temperature
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1) Line an 8-inch square pan with foil and butter (or non-stick spray) the foil; set aside.
2) Place pecans in a microwave-safe pie plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 4 minutes, stirring after each minute; set aside.
3) In a 2-quart microwave safe bowl, combine chocolate chips, milk, coffee, cinnamon and salt. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH for 1 1/2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Stir in vanilla and pecans. Immediately spread into the prepared pan.
4) Cover and refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours. Remove from pan; cut into squares. Cover and store at room temperature (70°-80°).
Yield: 2 pounds. This recipe was tested in an 850-watt microwave.

Crystallized Orange Nuts

1/4 cup orange juice
1 cup sugar
2 cups pecan halves

Combine orange juice and sugar in a 2 quart (12x7") glass baking dish; mix well. Stir in pecans.
Microwave for 6 minutes on 70 or 80% power. Stir and continue cooking for 8 to 10 minutes on same power or until syrup crystallizes.
Spread, separate and cool glazed nuts on buttered cookie sheet.

Makes about 3 cups of nuts.

Mom2oddson

A twist on Rice Krispies that everyone loves.

5 large milkyway bars broken into pieces
1 stick of butter (1/2 cup)
Melt together in microwave.

Add rice krispies.
Put into a buttered casserole dish, press down.

2 cups chocolate chips
1/2 stick butter (1/4 cup)
Melt together

Spread melted chocolate on top of rice krispies, chill

PUPPY CHOW (because it looks like puppy chow when you are done)

1/2 cup of peanut butter
1 cup chocolate chips
Melt together

Add Rice Chex and stir until well coated.

Pour powdered sugare (about 1 1/2 cups) into a large plastic bad, add coated cereal and shake until well coated. Store in airtight container or zip-loc bag.

My kids loved making puppy chow when they were little. It was something that was easy for them to do.

muttmeister

CHOCOLATE LOVES (older difficult child's favorite)
Melt togther 1 stick butter or margarine
2 squares unsweetened chocolate
Add 2 cups sugar
1/2 cup milk
Cook over medication. heat till sugar dissolves.
Stir in 1 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup shredded coconut
1 teasp. vanilla
3 cups quick oatmeal
Cool till cool enough to handle.
Drop by balls onto cooky sheet (It says use a teaspoon but I use a melon baller).
Chill in fridge till firm.

shellyd67

ice box cake

1 package of chocolate wafer cookies (nabisco)

2 pints of heavy whipping cream

1 tsp of white granulated sugar

1 tsp vanilla extract

beat both pints of heavy whipping cream until stiff (approx 3-4 minutes with hand mixer) add sugar and vanilla extract and continue to beat until throughly mixed through

this should make a large bowl of homemade whipped cream

take wafer cookies and cover each cookie with a generous amount of whipped cream and form into a log

cover the log with the remaining whipped cream and let sit in fridge for 12 hours ( i know it is a long time but it takes time for the wafers to expand and soften

prior to serving shave some chocolate on the top

delicious !!!!!