Who is this easy child?

Wiped Out

Staff member
I swear someone has put an alien in my easy child's place the last few days. To be sure she definitely has major typical teen issues but listen to this.

On Sunday she watered plants, gave the dog a bath, made cookies, helped difficult child with the dishwasher when he broke a bowl and was crying all without being asked!:faint:

Last night she came upstairs around 9 to watch tv with husband and me. She was conversational!!!!!!!!!!!! At 10 I went upstairs to watch tv because it was roasting on the main level and we have a ceiling fan in our room. She stayed down with husband for an hour and then came up to watch a Law and Order rerun with me. This is something easy child never does and it was so nice! She was funny and fun to be around. Then she went back down to hang with husband when I went to sleep.

She has definitely had typical teen moments lately, some that seem major but these are good things we are seeing. I don't want to get my hopes up but I really like her so much more this way (the love, of course, is always there).

About 1 and a half months ago we started easy child on birth control to help with her moods. I wanted to try that before having to possibly start a more heavy duty medication like a mood stabilizer or ap which is what the psychiatrist was hinting at. Don't know if it is the birth control or just the fact it's summer, or the stars are all aligned but I love the small changes we are seeing.

Just wanted to share this bit of good news!

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Cherish these times, hoping the bc pills had a good effect, but don't think I would mention it to her....... that might break the spell......... enjoy it while it happens.....

Lothlorien

That's great.

I never thought about birth control use as a mood stabilizer, but if it works than so much the better! YAY!

Fran

Former desparate mom
Wiped out, good news about easy child. As much as she fought it, I think going away is a plus. She has to see her outlook and attitude is not in keeping with her peers.
I'm sure the bc pills helped. Hormones really take a toll on certain teens. I feel so much more myself since starting on HRT about 3months ago and that isn't nearly as stabilizing as because can be for young women. (wish there was something similar for young male teens).

I'm sure it is a bunch of factors which goes back to the stars all being aligned. Her brain is maturing and allows her to see through her emotional upheaval to find the island of calm that is family.

Enjoy the break.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
It makes sense that bc could help. When I started on bc as a teen it whacked me out. I went from mostly easy child to mostly difficult child in two days flat. This is my memory not my parents'!

I'm glad for you though. Any lessening of stress is wonderful!

DammitJanet

Im glad things are somewhat more calm in the land of wiped out. It really could be the bc. I know people who are absolute bears to be around when their hormones are out of whack. Tony used to think I had the absolute worst case of PMS he ever saw but then we found out later it wasnt just PMS...lol. I would cycle like crazy. Up up up, and down down down. The fact that it was a cycle made him think...cycle...PMS. He had no idea cycle could mean anything else. Neither did I.

I hope the bc is the answer because it is so much simpler than anything else.

Wiped Out

Staff member
WhymeMom?-I'm definitely cherishing this! Also crossing my fingers it lasts!

Loth-I thought of it because I had been speaking with a friend at work and she had mentioned she thought about it for her daughter who is a lot like my easy child.

Fran-I agree that going away was a good thing for her. I'm hoping she lasts in the program so she can go again next year. She gets internship so it should be more fun for her. I do really think getting her hormones more in balance is helping but I guess time will tell.

Step-I agree any lessening of stress is huge!

Janet-I'm hoping too it is the answer.

Today she weeded, worked around my very sad tomatoes (due to the hail storm earlier this month) and gave the dog another bath-all without being asked!!

M

ML

What a great update. I hope the bc pills continue this trend. I agree with the hormones balancing being huge. Hugs, ML