Who mentioned they were prescribed Chantix?

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I have the starter pack of Chantix & will be starting this tomorrow. My smoking quit date is 6/15 (my mom's birthday).

How is it working for you?

everywoman

I used it during the month of March---made it through the starter pack, but then father in law, difficult child went to jail, daughter in law cheated on son---and well, I'm going to try again this summer.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
We have the starter pak sitting here for difficult child to start it...oh, well over a month ago I plunked out the $80 co-pay for it, but she's not ready to quit she says. So, it's just sitting there - her DR recommended it for her.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
All I can say is it is wonderful. :smile:

They say to quit a week after starting the pill. I couldn't quite get there til the second week. But nothing, I repeat NOTHING has ever worked so well for me. No urge, no desire, no moodiness, no food cravings, and I sleep like a baby.

husband is doing just as well. He's more surly than usual, but then he always is. lol

I hope it works as well for you. Oh, and I did notice that first week I was cutting down how much I smoked without even realizing it, too. So by the time I did get to the quit date I wasn't even smoking half a pack anymore.

Hugs

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Linda, I've never heard of it but wanted to tell you how proud I am of your effort (you too, Lisa!).

I quit smoking August 11, 2002 after 38 years :faint: . I used the patch.

I just realized when I typed the date that it will be 5 years in August. WOW- good for me! :bravo: :rofl:

This site helped me a lot, too.

http://www.quitmeter.com

I'm sending lots of good thoughts and big hugs.

Suz :smile:

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Thanks Lisa....I appreciate knowing how it's working for you. I start my pack tomorrow.

Suz, how cool - 5 years. I look forward to just getting through the first month.

On_Call

Linda,

First of all - GOOD FOR YOU!!!

husband used Chantix in March and quit - and hasn't looked back. He said it made it (almost) easy. I am going to give it a go in August when I have an appointment to go to my doctor for a regular check up.

I actually am looking forward to it. I have being a smoker, but I know that I cannot do it without any help. I've tried that - I tend to get very emotional and cry, if you can believe that!

A co-worker who has smoked for 15 years also quit with Chantix lately. She went 3 weeks before she finally had her last cigarette, but she also said she cut down dramatically after the first week.

Good luck!!!

Way To Go Linda and all the others! I am so happy for you all! I was a "social smoker" for years, until I was pregnant with easy child 2. Then it hit me that I really didn't like it well enough to endanger the pregancy and the health of those around me, so I quit, cold turkey. It was a nightmarish few weeks, but I never looked back.

I will have to tell my sisters about this new Medication. I have never heard of it. I will go research it now and send them this sites!!!

Best of luck to you all! I am so proud of you all!!

Hugs,
Vickie

busywend

It has been 6 months for me. Cold turkey.

However, I can't help but wonder if my recent anxiety issues are stemming from not smoking any more. Nicotine does relieve some stress. It seems like it would have happened earlier.

But, the good news is with the drug you should not experience this. Just be leary of how long you take it after quitting and keep on top of your moods/emotions for at least a year.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I start the pack today - I appreciate all the encouragement. I'll let you know how it goes. My doctor thinks this is the best thing to help me quit. That along with the ativan.

Her comment to me "we'll see emphysema, if we wait for all the stress in your life to go away". She's most likely correct.

F

flutterbee

Good luck, Linda!

Lisa - I'm so glad to hear how well it's working for you. Just before I logged on the other day and saw this thread, I was thinking of starting a thread to see how you were doing with it.

dreamer

My rheumetologist Rx'ed Chantix for me several months ago, but my insurance would not cover it. :-(

Wishing you luck!