WHOA NELLY!!! Anybody else rock and roll to that 6.9 just now?

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I was sitting in a chair with wheels and it felt like my chair was slowly and gently rolling. But I wasn't really moving. Then I started wondering if my heart was pounding again, and making the chair move. But my heart was fine, and the chair still felt like it was moving. Then I looked over at the chandelier, and it confirmed what I was feeling. This thing lasted at least a minute. When it didn't stop after about 30 seconds, we all got up and went out to the back yard, and we STILL felt the rolling.

Turns out it was a 6.9 about 108 miles SE of Tijuana, Mexico... I'm sure DazedandConfused had to have felt it.... Check in when you can!

DazedandConfused

I posted on my FB that I just felt a earthquake...but I didn't check out to see where it was centered.

I was working on a school project and then whoaaaaa! Swaying and and gentle shaking....it lasted a long time too.

We're good here. I hope not too much damage or injuries.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I'm thinking that the shanty-towns in TJ have to be a mess... and the cinder-block homes... yikes. I hope they didn't have too much damage or injuries.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
I was sitting at my desk in the living room and went whoa, earthqauake - Syd in the next room, the den, was standing up and asked me where, because he thought I was working issuing my earthquake policies LOL. After a second or two the bird started freaking out the the house started to roll. I could tell by the sound and the motion is wasn't too close - during Northridge, the house didn't move but the sound of rumbling we knew something bad was happening somewhere.

We are so due for a major one :

Marcie

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I remember the Northridge quake - very scary and somewhat bewildering. It's like an out of body experience. I'm so glad you guys are okay!

Suz

Marguerite

Didn't feel a thing over here...

Glad you guys are OK.

Marg (plus Marg's Man - I just went out and told him, he's home today, public holiday).

gcvmom

Here we go again!
:rofl: I just remembered my earthquake insurance premium is due on the 10th... so I promptly paid it online today!!!

TerryJ2

Gosh, I'm glad you're all checking in.

Funny you should describe it like that. When I was 12, I was at my grandmother's house in Santa Monica and experienced my first earthquake. At first I thought I was overly hungry. Then I thought I had the flu. Then I thought it was an airplane, but there was no noise. Not even birds through the window. Then I saw the chandelier swinging.
One of those things you never forget.
Take care.

Star*

call 911........call 911
(singing)......lalalalmememememeeeeeee

I feel the earth move.......under mah feet.....I feel the sky tumbling down.....a tumbling down....lalallaalah something

Whenever you're aroundddddddddd .......

So glad you are okay.....Could have had scrambled eggs....NOT good

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
They're served hardboiled and mixed with salt water for Passover as well. The eggs symbolize new life (Passover likely had its origins in a spring planting festival), and the salt water symbolizes shed tears. We also serve eggs at the gatherings or "onegs" after funerals because of the symbolism of new life.