Why are they so.... stupid?!

CrazyinVA

Staff member
Remember when Oldest borrowed my car awhile back, got pulled for my expired inspection sticker (my fault), and discovered her license had been suspended since 2006?! The cop gave her a break, just gave her a ticket for the expired inspection etc., and didn't cite her for driving on a suspended license, because she claimed she didn't know. She turned her physical license over to him, and I had to get a coworker to take me to get her and my car.

She stopped by my office a couple hours ago. She said she couldn't stay long because her friend's car was parked outside (loading zone in front of our building, you can park there for 10-15 mins). There were keys in her hand. I said, "don't tell me you DROVE?!"

She just kind of looked down and didn't answer me. I just said, "oh OLDEST." And changed the subject. No point in my coworkers overhearing a lecture from me (not that it would do any good, anyway).

If she gets pulled, she'll go to jail (don't look to me for bail money!). And her friend won't be too happy when they impound his car. I'm sure he doesn't know that she has no license, or insurance.

BLAH. NINE days till I leave for the beach ....

meowbunny

Why think when mom will take care of it? Even if they know mom won't take care of it, that seems to be the logic. Hope she doesn't speed on top of no license.

Andy

Like the saying, "I can't be out of money, I still have check blanks left!" "I can drive - I thought it was only my car I wasn't suppose to use! Liscenses are stupid anyway, I can tell the police who I am, what my Birthday is, and where I live - I can use your address right?"

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Why think when mom will take care of it? Even if they know mom won't take care of it, that seems to be the logic. Hope she doesn't speed on top of no license.

This was my first thought. For a better portion of their little lives we save them from themselves....so why wouldn't it extend into young adulthood.

I don't know if that's the reason, but yes, I agree, they sure can be stupid! Hugs~

KTMom91

This brings back memories...right after Miss KT was born, her useless father got in an accident. In my car. He had no license. He had no insurance. I did not know this. I had both those things, but since we weren't married at the time, DMV suspended MY license. Useless then hid all paperwork regarding my non-license, so I spent the next three years driving around on a suspended license.

Maybe we could load the anti-stupid serum in a dart gun, like tranquilizing wild animals? I'd enjoy aiming and firing at him...I might even get my child support on time!

Star*

call 911........call 911
And NO ONE ELSE got the IRONY in this post?????

ROFLMAO -

THEY LET difficult child Go.

AND GAVE YOU the ticket???

WOW how fair was that?

Oh that's right - My mom told me FARE is something you pay to RIDE THE BUS.....NOT DRIVE MY CAR AND GET ME A TICKET!

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Another parent who can relate to this thread.

I can't tell you the number of times Rob's license got revoked and he still drove (and got caught)....and drove some more (and got caught)....and more (yep- got caught again!)....and then got a DUI on top of it. At one point the suspension was for 3 years and he drove anyway.

$@#(&$#>+!!!

His problem.

He has a chance of being able to get his license back in August. Of course he has to pay $2100.00 in fines first. :faint:

Suz

JJJ

Put me on the distribution list when they finally cure stupid. Kanga goes on and on about getting her license but no way is she getting it until she is 18--just for this reason!

In Chicago one of the big dailies did an investigative piece on the revolving doors at the courthouse. They followed people who just had their license suspended for the umpteenth time out to the parking lot, where they got into their cars and drove away.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
They followed people who just had their license suspended for the umpteenth time out to the parking lot, where they got into their cars and drove away

If they'd done that around here, Rob would have turned around and waved to the camera. :salute:

Suz

CrazyinVA

Staff member
And NO ONE ELSE got the IRONY in this post?????

ROFLMAO -

THEY LET difficult child Go.

AND GAVE YOU the ticket???

WOW how fair was that?

Oh that's right - My mom told me FARE is something you pay to RIDE THE BUS.....NOT DRIVE MY CAR AND GET ME A TICKET!

NO NO NO. the ticket is in HER name.. the way it works is, it goes to the DRIVER.. even though it was MY expired inspection on my car (the infraction is "operating an uninspected vehicle."). In fact, the condition to her borrowing my car that day was to immediately drive it to a station to get it inspected, because I knew it was overdue. But did she do that?! No. She drove around first, and got caught. Heck, maybe she did me a favor because she got the ticket and not me?!

She has a bus pass now. When she's not illegally driving her friend's car lol.

To get her license back, she has to pay fines, and get special insurance as a non-vehicle owner. I don't expect it to happen any time soon. I also don't buy that she didn't know her license had been suspended. Oh, I'm sure she didn't get the notice, since the address on her drivers license is at least three moves ago... but she KNEW she hadn't paid her car insurance, which is why it got suspended in the first place.

EIGHT more days till the beach :-D