Why did I answer the phone?

flutterby

Fly away!
It was the high school.

Mrs. R, I just wanted to let you know that easy child came in and said he was going to drop off his girlfriend's book bag, but then leaving because he has "things to do".

Interesting because he left and told me he was going to school. And interesting because he broke up with his girlfriend last week. Turns out he wasn't where I thought he was last night.

So, I called him. He answers the phone and says, "Mom. I'm at school", and hung up. I called again and he sent me to voicemail.

So, I sent him a text. He responded: "I'm at school. I don't know how to prove it to you but thanks for getting me in trouble. your ringtone is one of the loudest on purpose"

I didn't respond. Then I get another text from him: "I was going to leave so I can finish my psychology so I can come to school all day tomorrow"

I didn't respond again. So then I get another text: "mom?"

Breathe...detach....breathe....detach.....detach....detach....detach....

I don't even know if this should be in the WC or in PE.

Anyway, when the school called I thanked her for her concern and told her I appreciated the call, but really what can I do? He's going to be 18 in 6 weeks. She commiserated with me, but said she wanted to let me know.

I know everyone says to take his car and his cell. It is financially impossible for me to do so. He pays for those things and I cannot afford to do it. *I* don't even have a cell myself.

I talked with his friend's mom who he's been staying with since Friday. She said he seems really anxious, can't sit still, and depressed and despondent. But, I know he won't see anyone about it. I don't know what to do.

I'm done being a mom. To whom do I give my letter of resignation?

ETA: He is at school. Apparently when they told him they were calling me, he decided to stay. I can't believe he had the nerve to say he was dropping something off, but was going to leave because he had things to do.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I remember that "survival" mode before difficult child 1 left for boot. I let things slide simply because I was really too tired to do anything about them and there was very limited things I could do. I just tried to survive the days til he left.

No words of wisdom, just understanding hugs.

KTMom91

I cringe whenever the high school's number comes up on Caller ID. I'm sorry he's being such a poop.

If you find out where to send the letter of resignation, can I have the address?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
(((hugs)))

Hoovers majorly.

I dunno. I wish I had the answers.

I have one thing that usually works.......don't know if it will here though. It's part detachment, part shut down survival mode I guess you'd say.

I don't acknowledge them, I don't speak to them, I do nothing for them, they become an un-person to me. They get no warning. It just is. This is a very rare thing. So my kids know when this happens...........They've pushed dear ol' Mom beyond her limits. They might test it a bit to see if they can get a rise out of me......but they get nothing.

Usually, as I said, this works. It makes them stop and think about their behavior and what they're doing and they snap out of it.

Odd. The only child I haven't been pushed to that point with has been Travis.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Taking notes on Drivin' miss Daisy over the edge to be an IS. lol

(Passes notebook to flutter)

I do have a suggestion. When he DOES turn 18 - do what my Mom did for me. It has made me feel like I accomplished something EVERY single day I wear it. She bought me a marquis shaped, multi semiprecious gem ring that is also 18 stones cut in marquis. She called it my "survival" ring or right of passage for getting MY son to 18.

Makes me feel like I accomplished SOMETHING.

Hugs

flutterby

Fly away!
Right after I signed off, easy child pulled in the driveway. He's going to work on his psychology, he said. He's taking it as a night class.

I had a meeting for difficult child 2 and called to let difficult child know it was running late. I asked her what her brother was doing. He was sleeping. So, I had her give him the phone and told him that he had to get up right now and do his work.

I don't know why I bother. But, he is at least doing some school work now.

Meanwhile, difficult child 2 is planning on dropping out of school and getting his GED. Sigh.....

The not responding to his texts made a point. He started backpedaling right away. Not that it matters at this point.