Why I absolutely adore

everywoman

being a grandmother: I can buy the grands things that are totally outrageous just because I want them to have those things! I just finished buying and shipping JJ's new bed.
http://www.step2.com/stockcar/index.cfm?source=ablog
Why? Because I can.
It is being shipped to a store near his home. His dad will have to pick it up, put it together, put the stickers on it. All I had to do was click a button. But, I will always be the Big Momma who bought him the cool bed.
Being a grandmother is the greatest payback for having children!:cunning:

DammitJanet

What a cool bed!

I know what you mean EW. Keyana is the most spoiled princess on earth. We also spoil Hailie when we are with her but that isnt as often. Keyana gets a new pair of pants or new jammies or a new *something* just about every time we get her. Plus its always her favorite juices, her favorite tv shows, going to eat breakfast with Papa every Saturday morning. Not to mention she has Uncle Billy wrapped...lol.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Now see...........this is why when I was a little girl and people would ask me if I wanted to be a Mommy when I grew up I'd say "Heck no! I want to be a Grandma when I grow up!" lol

I LOVE being Nana. Except sometimes those expectations from grands can be too big a job for me to fill. Seems Alex has lost his thumb sucking blanket........ And has decided that if anyone can find him the exact same Blue's Clue's banket (from when he was a baby) than Nana can. sigh But I'm giving it my best shot.

But otherwise.......it's fun. I spotted Sponge Bob jammies in walmart not long ago and picked a pair each for Darrin and Aubrey just because they love him so much and I COULD. lol :D Aubrey had been asking for a cookie for a week.......So, while at the store for mother in law, I picked up a package of Oreos. And that evening Nana allowed her to have 6 at one time. *our lil secret* lol

Cool bed. Darrin has the lil tykes version over here that I bought him at a yard sale.....and another at home that easy child bought him that's a disney cars version. I love the toddler beds and such they have out now.

Fran

Former desparate mom
I love the bed. Way to go big mamma.

It will be a long time before I'm a granny so I have to be a nutty aunt. I sent neice a Princess rocking chair that has a "pea" under the cushion. I love having fun with kid stuff.