Why??!!

Helpless29

Why are kids?! Inside I’m screaming why?? I look at all my friends 18 year kids , there off to college, in sports , having fun & enjoying life! Why does my son have to be homeless!! Why did he choose this life ! Why does he always mess up the good things that come his way ? Since his called yesterday my world seems like it turned upside down

Helpless, I get you. Sometimes we wish for answers to questions that have none. All actions happen and they do not always have a reason, except for just happening. Try to let it go. It is after all out of your hands. I know you know this.

BusynMember1

There is no answers to these puzzling why's. I don't even think Kay knows why. Her best answer was "It's free not to have to join the rat race and work." Any further insight she doesn't seem to have. WE can guess but it's just guessed.

Obviously not all kids are out flourishing. All of us are in your situation! I don't know about you, but I tend not to talk about Kay. I don't feel the need to be judged and we did our very best. So people hear about Amy and Rick and not Kay. If they ask how she is I just say "She's in Arizona now doing better." I won't say more.

Our own guesses, which could be wrong, are that Kay's adoption status and her inability to achieve at our family's level, mental illness and drug abuse all factor in. Are we sure? Nope. Agree that there are often no answers. It just is.

Your son probably would feel relieved if his warrant were not hanging over his head. He is young and could see the light.

I have a good book that helped me, Radical Acceptance by Tara Brach. Great concept!

Hugs and prayers.

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
Unfortunately there are no answers to this question. Please save your energy for YOU.

My son has been back with us for 3 years now. It was rough at times but I think we're on the right track now and have been for over a year.

I still do not know the WHY. I may never know. I don't even know if HE knows!!