Wierder

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I got a text tonight about 9:45 from a number I don't know with a KY area code. The message said it was Ann , she forgot to call me today, and she will "get at" me tomorrow.

I replied asking if they had the correct number. She replied and called me by name, with correct spelling. I assume it is the lady that stopped last night, although the name she used in the text and number are not the same as she gave us last night.

I replied on that assumption and told her to pay it forward and call it even.

easy child thinks I should call the sheriff. We didn't give her anything that would have given her the correct spelling of my name.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
And while I don't hide....it would seem odd that she took the time to look me up without a last name...

So I believe I will be calling the sheriff back.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Oh, its not that she couldn't figure out who I was...its a small town. And yes, could maybe have done a reverse lookup. But ~ and I'm assuming this text was from her and I could be wrong, but I didn't have anyone supposed to be contacting me today except her that I recall - and I don't know anyone named Ann ~ the name and phone number are different...
There was something already disturbing me about this...

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I did. No info.
The number from last night returns a guy from a southern state.
tonight's number is from the midwest.

InsaneCdn

Strange things happen.
When I was in college, I got a series of really late-night calls, one evening. Like after 11 PM. Had my own phone, and some of my classmates would call that late - they knew my schedule. So, I answered. Man's voice. Asking for a particular girl. Sorry, wrong number.

Phone rings a few minutes later. Same guy. Asking for same girl. Oops.

Phone rings again. Same guy. Asking for same girl. What number are you calling? He read out seven digits, and they matched. Hmmm... Something strange is going on here. He says he'll double check his number, but... it's his long-term girl-friend, and she's had this number for a long time...

Phone rings again. Same guy. Asking for the same girl. THIS time, I clued in. He was dialing the wrong area code. Once we got THAT figured out, I wasn't creeped-out about it any more, but for a while there... it was weird and weirder.

(yes, it's a totally true story... there might have even been a couple more calls on that list!)

So... who knows at this point.

donna723

Was the number you gave her a cell phone? If it was, cell phone numbers usually don't come up on a reverse directory unless you pay a fee and most people wouldn't do that.

buddy

Cell phones can be from anywhere and area codes from computer numbers are so random....mine is a totally different state. One thing that eases my mind is she knows you saw her, you now have a link to her and so I am actually reassured by the attempt to contact you. I am pretty dumb about these things though, tend to trust too much. I would be aware and for sure no harm in just letting the sheriff know in case there is a pattern or any future issues but I probably would not lose sleep over it.

You told her to pay it forward so hopefully it will end it, but if she feels she must repay the debt that could be why she checked for your last name. I would go way out of my way to repay someone if that happened to me .... Though I can't imagine having done what she did in the first place....it had some strange moments and things that didn't make sense for sure. Unless a true emergency I just can't imagine going up to someone's house. I had to once when my car obviously broke down in front of a home in the country....pre cell phone era. i was scared.

I hope she just fades away......

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
The number not being the same would not necessarily send up a red flag. She could easily use someone elses phone. But the name thing would have bugged me, both that hers changed and she is using yours with correct spelling when you didn't give it to her. Yup it sends up a red flag with me. It could be her going out of her way to repay a debt of kindness. But I'd contact the sheriff just so he knows what is going on with this in case something happens.

Maybe she was hoping you'd text her back that you'd be out today or something. Who knows. Could be that it's not even the same person. Although that would weird me out more because then I'd be like wth is going on.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I was thinking like Hound - Text her back that you'd be OUT........I don't think she's gone. I think she's not too far away. I'd make a report.

DDD

Actually I would probably contact her and tell her that she can drop it off with SGT Smith at the local Police Dept since you'll be away from home for a few hours and "Smitty" is a dear old friend. DDD

susiestar

Roll With It
Shari, you have instincts for a reason. When you listen to them, they are one of the BEST guides to life that you can EVER have. They are telling you that something is WRONG wth the situaton, or you would not be posting more than one thread about this.

The fact that your instincts say their is a problem means that there IS a REAL PROBLEM! Don't ignore them. Report her to the police and let her know it. Tell her you do NOT want her to return and you are NOT interested in getting the $14 back.

PLEASE report this. Your instincts said it was off from the very minute you opened the door. Don't ignore them or discount them.

Star*

call 911........call 911
ROFL at D3 - "Yeah me and "Smitty goooo wayyyyyy back.....I gave him your license plate the other night......he's lookin' fer ewe darlin'." hahaha.

And here I thought she was such a sweet, loving, mild-mannered Boxer owner - that one! (insert evil laugh)