Wii Fit good for some difficult child's?

Nancy423

do I have to be the mom?
We're getting a Wii for xmas, and I've found a Wii Fit. I see some fun games that might even been good for my difficult child. Balance and coordination.

We tried some games at my sisters last week and actually both kids were really into it. I like the Wii because you really have to be up and active to make it really work. But I'm seeing that there might actually be some benefit to it as well. Using certain "rules" to win games, coordination of you and your Mii (or me or whatever the characters are called!), and understanding of team sports.

Generally both my kids would rather be outside playing than sitting in front of a tv or playing video games!

Has anyone found it to help their difficult child?

Critter Lover

My difficult child does not have a Wii but I wish he did so he could do this Wii Fit.
I think anyone is better off being active in a game instead of sitting. Heck if he even had that game I would be tempted to do the Yoga so I could have my own peace of mind...LOL. If I was getting a new gaming system....I would think that the Wii would be the best way to go. I have to send in my difficult child's PS3 to get fixed. It stopped working with a game inside of it and thank goodness we have an additional warranty that does not end till Feb 2009. Let us know if you get it and how it works on your difficult child. I would be very interested in the results! ;)

klmno

I think some parents here spoke pretty highly about it. My difficult child has said he doesn't want one though. He says it's more for younger kids. but, I really think I remember some Moms on this board saying it was a lot of fun.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
We love it. But K has not become obsessed with it. We would love to get the wii-fit. Maybe santa will bring it?
K plays it when she needs to come back down. It has been great for her fine motor skills. I think the fit could help her gross motor skills as well.
We play as a family, she never plays alone.
She does get frustrated at times, but I will help her and we try to use it as a chance to help her calm herself and not overreact.
If it becomes too much we turn it off.
We do not play for very long ever. I think maybe an hour at the most.
We get the simple games for N and K. The sports and Boom Blox is fun.
We rent games to see if they are good. :)

lillians

lillians
our daughter is wanting xbox360 i would prefer her to have wii fit as she is so sedentary,,,,, and i undersatnd it should be a help,,and perhaps encourage her to with the comp where she p[lays games the teachers have shown herget off her butt t

BusynMember

My son has a WII, PS3 and is going to get an XBox360 for Christmas. He doesn't like to play the active games on WII, but he has taken to exercising rather vigorously in between playing his video systems. I think he gets tired of just sitting still. Often he will take his bike and ride ten miles or more to the next town!

L

luvmyottb

I will let you know after Christmas. difficult child has been asking for a gaming system and easy child has his own Xbox. Santa is bringing the Wii and it will be placed downstairs with the main TV. I am looking forward to it. I played with a Wii last year with a friend and I the non gaming mom loved it.

I like the Wii because difficult child is always moving and I figure she can burn energy and be satisfied she has her own gaming system.;)

everywoman

I must admit that I bought myself a Wii and wiifit this summer. It has been good rehab for my knee and I am hoping it will help Pcdaughter's recovery as well. difficult child loves it. He and daughter and friends play a lot. Daughter bought guitar hero when she got home from army. We have several other games that they've picked up as well.

witzend

I love our Wii. I wish I was able to do the Wii fit, but with my muscular dystrophy it would do me more harm than good. I know that husband would do it if I could do it with him. If you can afford it and the kids like it, I would say go for it.

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
don't let that puppy go! Wii fits are veyr hard to find right now, so if you decide you do not want it, you can make a fortune on Ebay< LOL>