Wii have arrived...

witzend

OK, so somebody posted a couple of weeks ago about getting a Wii for Christmas. I know that everyone likes it, and that they are even using it in nursing homes. Which is about my physical equivalent. Then you all raved about it and I thought about it some more.

I joked to my friend that husband was talking about getting me one for Christmas, and she told me that she loved hers so much that she had bought one for each of her adult children and they were boxing online with each other. :laugh:

So I thought and thought some more. There was a news release that they thought it would be the Christmas gift that people couldn't get ahold of. Today I started to look online, because I felt that after Thanksgiving would probably be too late. Everyone was sold off. My friend had told me that she got the last two she needed because her husband had asked about when the next shipment came, and when she got the one at one store, they told her she had to go to their sister store down the street to get the second.

Today I called a particular big box store whose initials are BB, and asked when they would get a shipment. They told me "Today at 5:30". So I scuttled down there about 5:15, and picked one up. I'm a big girl, I can deal with no present on Christmas morning. I just hope husband gets a decent Christmas bonus. This went on the Visa...

I'm looking forward to bowling, ping-pong, and pool. We're setting up the WiFi, so maybe once I get the hang of it we can play online? husband is setting it up now. (That may be the hardest part!)

K

Kjs

difficult child purchased one last year. Had a hard time finding one. So, we now have PS2, regular xbox and Wii. He doesn't play any of them. Mostly on the computer. And he really wants XBOX360. don't know what to do here. B-day coming up in December as well as Xmas. I use his ps2 for a dvd player sometimes in the bedroom.
With Wii you can put in your memory card from a digital camera and have a slide show. I like that. You can edit backgrounds. Really kind of fun.

Hope you enjoy it. They are coming out with more and more games too. I ordered the little paddles, golf club, tennis raquet and something else from ebay for 99 cents. (brand new) Then saw the same thing at Target for $19.99.

Enjoy!

Marguerite

We had some bowling games with difficult child 3 this afternoon. He's been wanting to play with us for days but always asking at inconvenient times. Plus with my 'turn' on Monday night, I'm still weak down my left side so I've also been much more tired than usual.

But this thing is great. We bought ours as a family thing, soon after we got back from NZ. We'd promised difficult child 3 we would.

We've even had mother in law bowling with us, and she is getting very frail these days, she has heart problems as well as myasthenia gravis.

Witz, you'll have fun. Also you'll enjoy creating the various Miis for your family and friends.

This gadget is a great way for the family to play together.

Marg

I'm really wanting to get a Wii. Tink has a couple plug-n-play games and I still have Copper's Sega Genesis (I don't know if it even works anymore!)

I may have to wait until they come out with Wii2 before I can afford Wii1.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Witz, we have one and it gets a lot of use, especially the boxing with the boys.

Costco, or Sams (I get them so confused) sells a recreation set which has a small tennis racquet, a sword, a baseball bat, and some other things that you can use instead of the hand held gizmo with the strap. When Natie was here,I was always afraid that that thing would be flying out of his hand with a direct hit to the TV screen.

Marcie

bby31288

Yay, I got mine a few weeks back at a store called Game Stop. I had been looking all over the web and in stores, happened to call there and they had 3 left. I can't wait for Christmas. I have all girls so there were never intersted in the whole electronic gaming systems thing...till easy child 17 bowled at a friends house, then they were all over it. Looking it up on the web the different games you can play and everything!!! I can't wait. I am going to buy the game cooking mama or something like that LOL. I will probably be more excite then they are!

F

flutterbee

KJS - If you're going to spend the money, get a PS3 instead of Xbox360. My son has both - as do a lot of his friends. The Xbox just doesn't hold up that well. He's had his since a few months after it came out and, granted it's gotten A LOT of use, but it's already dying. You have to 'convince' it it has a disc in it and it rattles. The quality just isn't that great. The quality of the PS3 is much better. Plus, with the 360 to play games online you have to join Xbox Live which is around $50/year, but it's free for PS3.

Our next game system will be the Wii. Of course, easy child is trying to sell it as a family system that will be hooked up downstairs so we can all play. Guess he figures that will get him one faster. :rofl:

Have fun with yours, Witz!

tinamarie1

Tiredmommy, we paid $249 for ours at the NEX on base. I don't know if thats a better deal than how much they are at regular stores. The games are about $40-$60, but we go to Game Stop alot for ours (like a trade in store) and we get ours for $20 -$40.
We have loved ours...husband and I play golf alot (thats my favorite).
I have NEVER played gaming systems, but I really like Wii. My mother in law visited last month and even she liked it!
My daughter has a game called Boogie, and its like a kareoke and dancing thing, comes with a microphone you attach to the system and its pretty cool. We have all sang on it, lol
I think its a good investment, I know it sounds corny, but it definitely brings us together as a family :smile:
Tina

Kathy813

Staff member
Is that the one that has the interactive dance game? I was thinking that would be good exercise.

~Kathy

witzend

OMG, we are having a lot of fun with it! I like bowling a lot. None of us are very good at baseball. But I'm actually doing ok at golf, and today a won at boxing by unanimous decision! That's a big surprise! I paid $249 for mine as well, and got an extra controller. I will have to go to Costco and look for the recreation set. I have to admit, I'm a little concerned about things flying into the tv screen, too. But so far it has gotten husband and I together to just do something fun that we can do for as long or little as we want. I also bought the extended warranty, because I know that these things can break down.

I always liked the Nintendo games, even when M had to have something to play on. They're not gory.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Quote: everyone likes it, and that they are even using it in nursing homes. Which is about my physical equivalent.

:rofl:

maybe wii has elderly wheelchair wars