Wild Weather Check In!

susiestar

Roll With It
Are any of you having the weather we are? The storm that came in yesterday is steadily getting worse here. We spent most of today with sleet/frozen rain (not big enough to be hail but not snow, more like ice pellets the size of seed beads falling) and generally yucky stuff coming down.

I am glad that I hit the grocery stores yesterday. I got lucky wtih deals in the morning (boneless chicken breast at $1.69, cheese at $2.99 a pound, markdown organic ground beef at $1.99, and more!) and then hit aldi's in the afternoon for produce and basics. Until our local Aldi's opened, I had never purchased produce there. The Cinci Aldi's we used to shop at always had yucky looking produce. Our store here has astonishingly wonderful produce. Avocados at 3/$1, a pound of roma tomatoes for 49 cents, etc... makes me happy. Usually it is far nicer than at the reg stores.

I hope all of you are home, safe and warm. Are you having bad weather? Please check in and let me know that you are safe and warm! I hope Janet isn't having trouble with bad weather complicating her move!

tiredmommy

We had about six inches of snow here overnight; it's more of a nuisance than anything. But we're back in the deep freeze again meaning we'll probably be below zero tonight. I'm seriously ready for spring.

trinityroyal

A snow squall that enveloped my city over the weekend. The result was another 5 or 6 inches on the ground, on top of the already thick layer of snow/ice/slush that alternately melts and freezes with each change of the weather.

Actually, seeing it from this perspective it's quite beautiful, however unimpressed I am by the result.