? Wildtree

G

guest3

Has anyone heard of or used products from wildtree? It is a "tupperware like" company that sells "natural" products, and it markets the products as being good for kids with ADD and other disorders, because they're all natural and additive free, but as I read the ingredaints I am seeing sugar and other ingrediants that do not look so natural to me, thoughts?

Lothlorien

I could have sworn that I had responded to this post...must have been when there was a glitch or something.

I have not heard of this one. Sugar is a natural ingredient. Corn syrup is chemically altered corn starch and something that you need to look out for. What other ingredients are you seeing that is concerning to you?

Lothlorien

Most of it looks okay. I did see something with Xanthum gum, which technically is natural, but Missy has to stay away from those things.

Just read the labels. If you aren't sure about a particular ingredient, look it up.

katipsord2

Hi my name is Kim and I am a rep for Wildtree. I found this question and site on Google (I always check to see if there is comments or inquries about Wildtree) and found your post.

The sugars you refer to are those that occur naturally in the ingredients. There are no added sugars unless our product specially lists a sugar in the ingredients.

The products are all natural with no additives or preservatives. All reps have product cards that can tell you exactly what is in the product so there is no secrets.Wildtree and its reps are honest and are nationally recognized.

It sounds like you read the article in Women's World. They throughly reseached all of our "claims" and verified our ingredients. (Even our guarentee that there is no cross contamination with peanut.) I would like to point out that although I believe in the product 100%, I read the article and would like to point out that it is not a cure but a tool that helped manage his ADHD.

I hope this helps you. I am also an assistant director of a daycare center and a I have a degree in Education (not to mention I am a mom!!!) It makes me so sad that these children are overly labeled and that schools do not encourage more natural tools.

Lothlorien

Thank you for answering some of our questions regarding these products.

I deleted your personal email from the post. If somone would like to contact you via email, then they can do so from your profile.

Just a gentle reminder....the owner of the site needs to give you permission to advertise. Her name is Cheryl and her screen name is runnawaybunny.

Thanks.

G

guest3

Thanks for the info, It was Woman's World, and I guess some of the elimination diets some of us with difficult child's have tried are more radical as far as elmininating wheat and other dairy products. I am still pondering over the product, My S2BX (soon to be X) just got fired so I am going to need to supplement my income some how.

katipsord2

Thank you for the gentle reminder. I was not trying to advertise but felt that it would be misleading if I didn't identify myself as a rep. I will definately ask permission before making any futher posts that could sound like advertising.

As for the topic...as an educator, I would like to caution everyone who is looking to change their child's diet to first try to elimiate one element and then move from there. I have several chronic illnesses and I am personally in the process of trying this myself. My best advise is the baby food system. Try one thing for a week, see if there is a change and then move on from there.

Asa a parent, I found the Women's World article (it came out the first week in October) to be slightly misleading and I am worried that there could be some disappointed parents if it doesn't work for them. For example, Wildtree was referenced in the article but only as a place to buy all natural products but I could see where a parent looking for answers could see it as an aid to a cure. This is why I answered the post. I know that the product Wildtree has to offer is all natural but in no way should be said to be a cure. Do I think that the product could benefit those trying this type of diet, yes absolutely. But please do not associate Wildtree with any type of cure.

I have done a lot of research on diets (my best friend's son is Autistic and is on the low functioning end of the spectrum)after Jenny McCarthy was on Opera. Yes, there is a lot of benefits but there is a sense of false hope. Although I identified myself as a Wildtree rep, please know that I understand what most of you are dealing with and my ONLY reason for posting here is to make sure that no one gets taken advantage of or mislead. I feel that there is a lot of people who have had great success with diet changes and some that have had great disppointment.

Just so you know, this doesn't mean that I don't think a diet change is beneficial...I absolutely think that it could be but I caution that anyone who tells you their child was cured or makes it sound like it is a cure is misleading you.

Best of luck to all, I am so glad that I found this forum as a parent, educator and friend of a person with a special child. I think that anything you try as a parent to help your child is worth it and I look forward to reading more posts on this and many other topcis!