Will someone please explain to me...

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Could be, Star. It was a Roper, but who's tracking....I just dragged its dead body off a few weeks ago...maybe its ticked.

I have a dryer. I don't like to use it. I'm cheap. The clothesline is free. (except when I have to go buy all new clothespins....)

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Wooden clothespins aren't hard to find. I pick them up at dollar general.

I don't even have a clothesline. lol But they are handy for other stuff too.........other than building forts in the woods. I use them to set mail out on the mailbox for the mailman and several other things.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
My Mom always used clothespins to attach skirts, etc. to normal hangers. Which is the whole reason I have some.

So - question? I would LOVE to hang clothes out, but... I hate hate hate that stiff feeling they get. Suggestions?!

Malika

Sorry, I have no advice re "stiff" clothes - other than fabric softener??
But on the dryer-fresh air controversy, I have to say that pegging out clothes onto my washing line is, for some reason, something I really enjoy - maybe it's more than partly to do with the fact that it takes me out onto the stunning scenery outside my door. I also like the fresh air smell, the flapping around in the wind and sunshine (the clothes not me)... oh, I don't know, call me strange, but I would never swap that for a soulless (if efficient) dryer :) It's true that in the dead of winter or the rain, it would be handy...

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
We do use fabric softener.

Ages ago I changed to the dryer sheets, though, because the kids would dump in 5x what was needed. Seriously. Plus, unless you had a softener ball, you would have to run the rinse cycle again (which is what we always did when I was a kid).

I would buy 4 boxes of dryer sheets - 40 count. One box to each of the kids, two for husband & me. And they had to last 9 months. If they ran out before I did? Too bad - because they were doing one load a week, each (all colors together, ugh), while I was doing 3 (I separate whites/colors/jeans). So for every 1 they used, I was using 1.5...

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Wind. Windy days are best for non-stiff clothes.

I do it to save money. I don't hang out the whites, but if I hang out everything else, I can cut our electric bill an average of $75 a month.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
So - question? I would LOVE to hang clothes out, but... I hate hate hate that stiff feeling they get. Suggestions?!

If you normally run your dryer 45 minutes to dry a load...

you will cut your electric bill AND have soft clothes if you dry things on the line first

and then tumble them in the dryer for about 10 minutes with a softener sheet.

Softener sheets can be used more than once and/or torn in half.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
DINGDINGDINg!!!

I think we have a winner!!!!

Thank you, DF!!! Although I noticed - our electric bill dropped $95 in the last month (reading was after Onyxx was gone for 20 days)... And that is WITH the addition of the A/C.

Wow... I can just imagine... That would be great!

You guys are awesome. I figure - clothesline, we have a TON of trees, and 2 more packages of pins...

Star*

call 911........call 911
Well - the BAD news is - your clothes pins are gone -

The GOOD news is - they left your underpants.

Things COULD have been worse.