Will the Fireworks ever stop tonight!!!

B

BeachPeace

Happy Fourth of July to everyone!

I know I am not the only mama out there tonight who has *crazy* kiddos because of the fireworks!! I have Blue finally asleep with classical music on. Indigo is playing a computer game with headphones on. Maybe the neighbors will stop soon. Will be a late night for us.

Sometimes everyday life is so hard for our sensory sensitive children :(

shellyd67

difficult child snuck "many" pepsi's today at a party we were at so between that and the fireworks he is off the wall !!! He had one of those light up bracelets on and I caught him hanging it by his privates in front of a bunch of girls. Gave him a swift talking to and straight to bed now that we are home ! He can be a real treat sometimes .....

BusynMember

My son with autistic spectrum dosen't go to fireworks. He thinks the noise is too loud ;) He stayed happily at home while the rest of us went, and, yes, they were LOUD!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Thankfully our difficult child was in bed and asleep at his usual time due to his medications. However, we've had days like that and I know how long and hard they can be.

TerryJ2

Looks like Nandz started a similar thread.

difficult child opted out last night. He says they're too loud, too. The neighbors put on quite a display so we were able to walk down to the water and watch.

We brought our new golden retriever and he was afraid, but curious, too. He alternated between hiding between husband's legs, lying on top of me (I was sitting on the grass) and staring at the bright lights and colors. We praised him and played with-him. He is all trained in fireworks now!

susiestar

Roll With It
I wish we still lived in a place where they are illegal except at professional exhibits like many communities put on. Last night the neighbors on one side or another set them off for about 2 straight hours starting at 10 pm. Then they would shoot off another five to ten minute round about every 45 minutes until 4:00 am. It was dark here WELL before 10 pm, but they were not drunk enough then. I heard someone screaming foul words as he fell into the neighbors mosquito breeding farm (aka man made pond), and various other uproars most of the night.

Needless to say my kids are pretty crabby today.

This will continue (the fireworks) for at least another week. Most won't be as long as last night, but they WILL set off fireworks for about another week. They started last weekend.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
My difficult child usually requires something to keep her calm when fireworks are going off, but she's away and had asked me for xanax before she left and we both then forgot. I hope she fared okay last night. They may have holed up inside the motel room in the AC for all I know, she hasn't called, so no news is good news.

Our dogs, on the other hand, were berzerk insane panting and barking like mad. I felt so bad for them! And technically, today is Day 3 of the holiday, so I expect more tonight!

TerryJ2

set them off for about 2 straight hours starting at 10 pm. Then they would shoot off another five to ten minute round about every 45 minutes until 4:00 am. It was dark here WELL before 10 pm, but they were not drunk enough then. I heard someone screaming foul words as he fell into the neighbors mosquito breeding farm (aka man made pond),

Arrrgh! What a mess!
Even if fireworks are legal, you can still call the police for people who are disturbing the peace. Usually, it's a 10 p.m. curfew/noise ordinance.
So sorry you had to go through that.