Wimp.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Yup. That's me. Today. Maybe everyday. But dang sure feel like one today.

Didn't go into yesterday's meeting with any sort of inflated feeling, but I dang sure came out deflated. Not sure why, either, 'cause their "2 hour" idea got shot down with more bullets than a blind man's skeet shoot. Guess maybe am just taken aback by the audacity of people who call themselves educators to even attempt that. I dunno.

I've had a really hard time today staying on track. I think I'm gonna request off tomorrow and just have a good ol' R&R session at home. Catch up on housework, get ready for the weekend, spend some time all by my lonesome. Feel like a wimp for even wanting to, but I think I'm gonna let the wimp win today.

nvts

In my book WIMP stands for "Woman Is Majorly PO'd". Whatever they did to you during the meeting really got to you. You've been dealing with this forever and a day and no matter how much you know it's not going to happen, something in you keeps hoping something with at least a LITTLE thought might be presented.

You are the definition of a warrior mom - and don't you forget it!!!!

Take the day off, you deserve it!

Feel better honey = this too shall pass!

Beth

Last edited:

Wiped Out

Staff member
I understand that deflated feeling, however, you are no wimp! You are an amazing warrior mom and you deserve that day off!!!!!! Hugs.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Can't tell you how many meetings I've had that way. Then I started going difficult child on them.......helped somewhat. They didn't like it when I dug my heels in and produced thick doctor reports (several copies of each) so they couldn't deny what I said he needed. We have a SD that really wants to do as little as humanly possible for their special needs students. Seriously. Their reputation is huge for this.

I used to dread those meeting so darn much I had to force myself to go to them. ugh

You are most certainly a warrior Mom!!! And don't you think otherwise. A day off has been well earned. Pamper yourself and enjoy the peace and quiet.

((hugs))

busywend

been there done that, too! It is EXHAUSTING to be a warrior mom. Call if whatever you want....wimp, tired, fedup, disgusted....there are a myriad of words to describe what we go through. You CERTAINLY deserve a day off to do whatever you want. FOR YOU! Enjoy!

Marguerite

I think you feel down, because even though the 2 hour thing got shot down, it's still a betrayal for it to have even been suggested. It's like, all your lobbying for the past year, and they STILL make this mistake?

It makes all your hard work seem unvalued and unrecognised.

You are left wondering, "why did I bother?"

So if you feel down, it's not a wimpy feeling, you're mistaking it. No, it's betrayal.

You have every right to feel hurt.

Marg

slsh

member since 1999
Shari - you are not a wimp. You are being proactive and doing some self-care. That's healthy and appropriate. I think it's something that all of us do far too little of.

The battles we face (kids, doctors, treatment, and, not least, schools) can be never-ending and incredibly draining. If you don't take care of yourself, it just makes it that much harder to be an effective advocate for difficult child, for you, for your family.

I'm really *really* glad to hear you're taking today off. I hope you indulge yourself!!!

Hugs.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I worked my tail off Friday, but I enjoyed it. I'm still not at all caught up in the house, or on sleep from the weekend, but I had a great time. Got "spring cleaning" done on the summer pasture fence, and the temp fence up around the hayfield (to keep them out), in addition to packing the trailer for the shoot this weekend.
Had a great time at the shoot. It was held in the old coliseum at the state fair grounds. A grand old building, probably close to a hundred years old, and VERY cool. As usual, I didn't take a camera so I still have no pics of me shooting...oh well. It was very much fun!
The week has started off a tad rough, tho. Had to pick Wee up from school at 10:30 today. Ugh. Oh well.

Lothlorien

Was this a meeting with CST? You really need to hire an advocate. They deal with it everyday. Let them be your pitbull.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Sorry, Loth, Heather's brainfog has rubbed off on me...CST?

In a nutshell, we had an IEP meeting last week to review how Wee's new placement was going (self-contained in the resource room). He'd been there 11 days total; 3 of which were doing nothing because of MAP testing. They (and I really feel it was the new principal) decided since he's averaging 48 minutes of educational time in the 5 hours he's at school each day, that they wanted to discuss knocking him down to 2 hours of school a day. I was prepared to hear a lot of things. That wasn't one of them. It was very quickly shot down.

We do have an advocate, and I think, maybe, she's got her head screwed on somewhat close to straight now...tho she really needed to be involved some time ago, not just "right now". I think she has suddenly read Wee's file and realized he's not her run of the mill case...she said he's the most severely impaired kid she's worked with (how nice.)

Ironically, tho, the SpEd teacher talked to me yesterday (I told her, off record, I support an out of district placement, if they want to cut to the chase) and said she really felt attacked by the advocate, which I can see. This was the first meeting the advocate has attended, and I am 99.9% certain that absolutely hideous 2 hour idea came from the principal who admitted out loud in the very first meeting with her that she did not want Wee in her building as he is a liability. The 2 hour idea didn't come from the SpEd teacher, I'm certain...but SpEd teacher was leading the meeting, and did not defend the idea, so she was the one that got the heat from the advocate.

nvts

I love it. They felt "attacked" by the advocate, yet they don't consider the fact that Wee feels "attacked" by every stupid thing they've done to HIM!

Sorry Shari, I had to get that out! ;)

Beth