Winter can stop now!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Officially we are only two days into winter but I've had enough! We were in Michigan this weekend with inlaws and actually were in a blizzard! husband and I were driving in it (at the time didn't realize how bad it was-we were shopping). They pulled all the plows off of the streets. I don't think it hardly stopped snowing from Saturday night on.

Even worse was our drive home last night. What should have been a 6 hour drive at the most (sometimes we make it in 5 1/2) took just short of 8 hours. We got home at 1:45 this morning! We were following husband's sister who was coming to visit her daughter who lives here with her fiance. Something was wrong with her car in the snow. husband ended up driving it for a bit and I drove the van. I hate driving in bad weather but think I did very well.

Then I rode with sister in law after the roads got better. When I got back into the van when we entered Wisconsin we realized our windshield has a huge crack about 18 inches long in it. We could here it cracking as we were driving. Thank goodness it didn't shatter!

by the way, now that we're home-we get to shovel what we didn't while we were gone and... yep by Christmas Eve night we're expected to get up to 11 inches of snow.

I surrender:whiteflag:

Andy

I am so glad you are safe. So scary driving/riding in this.

We are in a deep freeze but are to warm up to 20 degrees above zero by the end of the week.

I am with you - done with winter - where is the petition to make it stop?
I will gladly sign.

M

ML

Sign me up. Winter is way too long here. It's actually quite a bit milder here than for many of you but snow is a pain unless you don't have to drive in it and someone else shovels it! Here in our neck of the woods it can snow from Sept to May, that's a LONG winter!

Critter Lover

Sending bright Florida Sunshine to all the states covered in snow so it can melt fast
and not be so hazardous. :beach:

Please stay safe to all who are going to have
endure this terrible snowy conditions. I know how scarey it can be and hope it does not last for you all. :blizzard: