Winter Weather- Check In Please

Nancy

We got about 20" in the past two days. Lots of blowing and very cold wind chill. Schools were all closed and streets were deserted. It's still snowing and isn't expected to stop until tomorrow night.

Nancy

BusynMember

We got a foot of snow Friday night and Saturday and it's really getting cold out here in Wisconsin. I just got a part-time job as a school bus aide so tomorrow I have to go out really early in the cold and drive to work by 6:45am (brrrrrrrrrrrrr) and then get on and off the bus to help the kids get up the steps. I am so dressing up in three layers of clothes under my coat and I don't care if I look obese. I'm also wearing a very warm hat.

katya02

Solace
It's finally here in western PA and nasty. High winds, drifting snow, and we're supposed to get lots of it tonight. I'm supposed to take a cat ten miles to the vet by 7:30 tomorrow morning to be spayed! Ha - don't think that's going to happen. Neither is an appointment 35 miles away ... but it'll be nice to stay put and get caught up on some 'home' things. Just hoping the power will stay on.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Nancy I hope you're planning to stay inside where it's warm!! OMG that's a lot of snow and it's still snowing??:frozen::2cold:

We got lucky and didn't get more snow.......someone said something about snow tonight?? But I don't watch the news so no clue. No winds either, which probably made all the difference in the world. But it's awfully COLD outside! brrrr

flutterby

Fly away!
We got about 5 inches of snow on top of ice. They did plow and lay down salt, but it's too cold for salt.

My mother was in Chicago and her flight was canceled. She got a ride back with some other people. They made it to Lowell, IN before being unable to go any further - whiteout conditions. The only hotel there - Comfort Inn - was booked and they wouldn't let anyone wait in the lobby. Can you believe that? In the middle of a blizzard??? With the car running and the heat on, ice was forming on the inside of the car windows. So, they took a chance, turned around and creeped 12 miles back to the previous exit with more hotels, lucked out and got a room. Semi's run off the road, turned over...scary.

BusynMember

Just woke up on Tues. Dec. 14th because I have to be at work in an hour...haha. I just heard that it's --18 (eighteen below zero). This is NOT fun.

Nancy

Hound dog, I did stay in all day yesterday but finally ventured out today. It's about 15 out but at least the streets are plowed.

Nancy

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
:capitulate:Well, let's see ~ a complete total of 20.5" (over the 8 or so inches already on the ground). Subzero temps with bone chilling wind chills = I just got plowed out today from Saturday's storm.

Our metrodome "broke" so our home team needs to head to Detroit to play football. Mpls/St.Paul has not had school for 2 days which is a record around here. In all the years we've had the tweedles in St.Paul SD I think we've only had 1 snow day.

It certainly has been a nationwide storm of major proportions. One I won't forget soon - I probably will given my cognitive issues
:groan: Sorry that was bad.

Stay safe & warm all.

DammitJanet

Well...you guys have had it really bad...but my kitchen water pipe busted! How I will never know either. I left the water dripping in my bathrooms and it is still dripping in them but the darned kitchen pipe which sits smack dab in the middle of the house between the two bathrooms froze up and busted. Just dandy.

Of course, it did get cold but not as cold as most of you guys. Guess its good I brought the dogs in last night.

donna723

Ours here isn't nearly as bad as what some of you have been putting up with but, for us, this is bad. We haven't been above freezing for several days and we were down in the single digits last night. The temperature by itself wouldn't have been so bad but the wind was blowing so hard it just cut right through you! It snowed quite a bit but with the wind blowing so hard, it all went sideways and ended up ... somewhere? Not a lot left on the ground. Now tomorrow it's supposed to warm up a bit but they're calling for freezing rain and sleet, and the pavement is already so cold, it's supposed to leave a sheet of ice on the roads. Oh, joy! I just hope it all straightens out by next week because we have a 600+ mile trip to make and I'm a total chicken about driving in bad weather!

katya02

Solace
It's been a whiteout here all day. Lots of snow - but light and fluffy, gorgeous stuff if only the wind would stop
blowing! And if it were a teeny tiny bit warmer ... :2cold:

T

TeDo

Just wanted to let you all know that our deep freeze finally ended, although temps are still below normal. NOW, they are telling us we are supposed to get another 5-8 inches during the overnight (midnight - 7am). I am wondering where we are supposed to put all this snow. I am already tired of shoveling and if we pile it any higher in the yard, my only view out of any of my windows will be snow. I HATE this WINTER!!! I want spring NOW!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Somehow we're supposed to be in for yet another round. I wonder if this is because the worst of the last one seemed to miss us? lol Supposed to hit around 3 am, heavy snow.........they just kept stressing heavy snow..... I think last we heard was 7 inches....maybe more.

I wouldn't even know about this storm if the lady from the school hadn't tipped me off. She wanted to be sure I picked up the presents the PTO had gotten for kayla and alex today because they're already counting on a snow day tomorrow and probably friday as well. I was like, you're kidding me right? ugh And they said to expect another to hit around tuesday.

I don't think kids have to worry about a white xmas this year.