Wiped Out - how are things going tonight

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
You've been on my mind today. Please let us know how your day was with difficult child - has the clonodine patch helped at all?

Take care, my friend. :flower:

Wiped Out

Staff member
Awww-Thanks for asking-it really means a lot. difficult child was better last night. We could tell he was on edge so decided not to put anything in basket A except for safety. He was very agitated that I had a hard time finding his wrestling shoes and then when his stoppers for his heeleys arrived and didn't fit his shoes he became very angry at husband saying how it was all his fault. The good news was he didn't get violent-like I said he seems on the edge though. He also had a hard time sleeping for the second night in a row.

One good thing is I talked to his new therapist before he arrived with husband yesterday. She was very concerned and told us they have a crisis line and if anything like this happens again I am to call. For some reason that really gave me a sense of relief. She told me she is very worried about me being safe this weekend. I think things will be o.k. The biggest possible rough spot will be tonight because I'll be home without husband as he hsa to work the preregistration of the tournament. Tomorrow we'll all be at the tournament and a niece and maybe a newphew will take difficult child for part of it. Then we're all going out to dinner. Sunday afternoon we have 4 hours of respite which will be like heaven!

Thanks again for asking.

Sharon,

I'm glad difficult child is on the clonodine patch!!! I'm also glad the new psychiatrist gave you a crisis number to call!!! PLEASE, DO NOT hesitate to use it if necessary!!!

I agree with your decision to let everything except safety issues slide for now...

I'm glad you're getting some much needed respite on Sunday. Enjoy eating out!!!

Please update as often as you can. I'm still worried about you and your family... WFEN

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Sharon,

Glad to hear that you have a plan in place - a crisis number. Another good idea that health/safety is the only issue you're willing to take on. :crazy:

I know that "on edge" feeling to your difficult child. It sounds like difficult child has little in reserve to hold it together.

husband & I have been there one too many times, with wm especially.

Rest up tonight. Use that crisis number if necessary.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Probably in the back of your mind you should start to develop a survival plan. Someday difficult child will be older, bigger and husband won't be home or difficult child will not care.
I'm with the therapist about concern for your safety. Maybe not today but in the future. A safety plan of what to do when he is aggressive and dangerous and husband can not disarm him of the butcher knife. It's an ugly thought but I'm a big fan of hope for the best but plan for the worst.

kris

a crisis line & a therapist who understands the situation you are in. WOW! what a gift.

hopefully tonight & the weekend will be peacful for you. if not, tho, don't hesitate to call that crisis line.

kris

Janna

Sharon,

I'm so sorry I wasn't here to lend you a shoulder while you were going through this.

I wish difficult child could see the pain he inflicts on you and understand. I know you say everything is fine, and all will be fine, but I worry about your safety. Some day, difficult child won't be 9 anymore. He'll be 15.

Stay safe and use the crisis number if you need it.

Sending gentle hugs,

Janna