Wisconsinites be ready for 35 below zero tonite and tomorrow

RobinD

Well we are suppose to get some snow tonite but it has been raining alot and the winds are picking up. We are to have gust of winds up to 50 miles an hour. We had a high of 45 this morning and has drop already to 10 ugh! I wonder if they will call off school tomorrow. Son is hoping there is no school tomorrow.
I just hope we don't have frozen pipes or toliets tonite or tomorrow!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Robin

This is ours :

Rain showers with a chance of thunderstorms this evening. Then a chance of snow showers after midnight. Windy with a low of 20 degrees. Wind gusts up to 50 mph. Chance of percipitaton is 100 percent.

It's 8:12 pm and currently weatherbug says it's 50 degrees out. I believe it because it wasn't cold last time I let the dogs out.

I'll be sure not to complain about the weather tomorrow cuz I'll be thinking of you freezing up there.:frozen:

Bundle up and stay warm. Keeping fingers crossed your pipes don't freeze.

:coldday::blizzard::2cold:

dreamer

yes, yesterday it was over 50 degrees here...this morning it as 45 degrees, but, rain, heavy winds (up to 50 MPH) and it is supposed to "flash freeze" and be 5 below zero before windchill is factored in for tommorrow. We might get heavy snow, blizzard conditions. BRRRRR. I have cocoa in a thermos and fresh hot decaf in another.....and flashlites at the ready. They said we might have thudnerstorms, one radio guy said if there was ever a time for snow tornados, today would be it.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
The wind is howling here. Hoping I don't have any trees come down......thinking I'm awful glad husband installed a backup generator.......

SRL

It was a balmy 58 degrees here up until mid afternoon.

Then came the severe thunderstorm.

Then came the sleet.

Then all the rain that had nowhere to go turned to ice.

Then came an inch of snow, with winds gusting to 45 mph.

It's now about 7 degrees, wind chill -18.

I'd better go check on the bunny out in the garage and round up some flashlights.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
The storm that ripped through here is about to hit all of the Midwest!!! Our school have been closed for 2 days... Not ours up here. But all around us! Nothing shuts us down!!! We just ride the Moose to school!!! We have so much snow here... they are calling for snow all week... Our 3ft fence is gone... our deck is gone. it is almost 5 ft high across our street were the snow berm is!!!

dreamer

Ya know....a tornado DID come thru here a couple weeks ago- derailed a train.....among other nasty damage. Wild weather!

RobinD

Winter has really **** this year. December we had alot of snow too. I rather have a mild winter lol

Maybe I should just hypernate for the winter! lol

Wiped Out

Staff member
Yeah-it's cold here-was in the 40s this morning! Of course, now it is 6 and way below 0 with the windchill. They are forecasting 25-35 below with the windchill. Not quite cold enough for a day off of school as they there is only a wind chill advisory and not a wind chill warning. Unfortunately it will mean in door recess all day again tomorrow. Can you tell I'm not happy?

On the good side I didn't have to drive home on the icy roads because difficult child wasn't feeling well and I had to leave school early-I got to come home when it was still raining!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Well, no storms yet. But I can hear the sleet pounding the windows. Our temp has dropped to 45 degrees. The wind is horrible.

You guys aren't helping me "pretend" that somehow the forecasters are dead wrong. :thumbsdown:

Last thing we need is to be without power right now. Oh, please NO! Not with a house full of sick people.:stopglass:

toto OMG No wonder you can't wait til spring!!!!! At this rate you might still be digging out til summer. (just teasing, I swear)

I think I'm gonna go search for candles and flashlights. I probably won't be able to stay online for too much longer anyway.

Stay warm everyone.

Hugs

I dropped Tink off at her dad's for a visit at about 4 today, it was still in the 40s. I had just a sweatshirt on. The ground was muddy when I stepped out of the car.

I went to pick her up at about 7. I had to bundle up in my winter coat, the winds were whipping, it was already 20 degrees colder, and the ground was already frozen. Yikes. I had my windows open yesterday!

F

flutterbee

It was 40 around 4pm. It's 49 now, but the wind is picking up. Supposed to drop to the teens with sustained winds at 25-35 mph and gusts up to 55 mph, with frequent gusts of 50 mph. And it just started to pour. We're only supposed to get an inch of snow.

I have a very important doctor's appointment tomorrow. Ice or not, I'm making it there.

dreamer

OK so just now I turned on the local NBC news? I caught the very tail end of the weather, and then they do these photos viewers send in? Seems some pussywillows were blooming earlier today.....
I know I went outside and cleaned up my bird feeders and some of the seeds that had falllen to the ground had begun to sprout.....(and I had just cleaned them all up last week, these were new)
We sure have had the cycles of warm, snow, frigid all winter. Back & forth, up and down.....so much snow- so much very cold and so much unseasonable warm, it is enough to keep everyone in small talk, for sure! Yesterday in the morning, my yard still had a foot of snow, last nite it had all melted. Again.
The wind has been knocking large limbs off my trees today.

Ya know, I had 7 fruit trees in my backyard when we moved here 20 years ago......we now have none, and all of them were lost in freak January storms- different years. (2 struck by lightening in different years in January)
Well, we never get bored.

RobinD

I am suprised they didn't call off school today! Almost all the schools were closed except milwaukee public and charter schools. So mine will be going luckily they get door to door service. Otherwise I would keep them home.

BusynMember

Well, school was called off here!
Honestly, as cold as it is, life goes on in Wisconsin, usually. I'm going out later. My car started. I have stuff to do. It was weird how it went from 45 (warm in Wisconsin) to so cold, but, hey, that's how it is here. I've lived here all my life and love it--would rather have bitter cold than hurricanes, tornadoes, flooding--it's strange how you adjust to your environment. To me, I'm just ticked that there's no school...lol.

PonyGirl

Warrior Parent
35-degrees yesterday morning, cloudy, rain threatening. School cancelled. I told easy child Monday night, if they call a snow-day, I'm taking it! They did, but, I went to work anyway. Asked my boss if I could put in a half-day, she said sure.

Came home at noon. 30-degrees. Withing 10 minutes of my safe arrival at home, the snow started. Complete white-out conditions for the next 4 hours!! Got about 4 inches, and the temp droppped like a stone.
:coldday::frostbite::2cold:
20-below this morning, school cancelled again. Wind chills are 60-below!! Scarey. After I let my car warm up for about 20 minutes, I'll head to work.

Think Spring!

Peace