Wish me luck on Fri, when I p/u difficult child from camp and his PS2 and Playstation are gone

TerryJ2

I have to figure out how to NOT discuss it in the car, because not discussing it will be a clue that it's gone, and I have to focus on driving. I think a half a Xanax may be in order that a.m. ...
I am selling all this online. Boy, are they picky about the photos, especially about the guns and ammo. I have to rephotograph the bb gun.

wow Terry! Good for you! I think you are really doing difficult child a huge favour.

Make sure he never gets an FB account - my difficult child went from video games to FB.

Good luck with the drive home. I'd try keeping him focused on what he did at camp - keep asking questions about his week and every little detail.

Andy

Can husband be home when difficult child figures it out? That moment may be the ticket to selling him the next step of your plan.

Tiapet

Old Hand
I'm giving you all the best wishes and thoughts I can! I do not envy you at all. If I did that to mr busy omwow the war that would happen and the violence that would ensue. Just taking it away is a big deal. The initial reaction is a violent outburst and we always have to have it gone when he is either not in house or sleeping. Of course he still goes off but not nearly as violent then if SO happens to take or even just disconnect with him there.

As for keeping him distracted, is there any other love or passion he has that you can talk about (other then how camp went because maybe you will run out of that talking subject)? How about an upcoming event that will be happening? School year coming up?

TerryJ2

Thank you all!
husband suggested dropping him off at the door and leaving him to discover it by himself and rant by himself. Then husband can deal with-it when he gets home. That's 3-1/2 hrs for difficult child to get it out of his system. It's a possible plan ...

TerryJ2

We just removed his bedroom door and put it in the garage. husband thinks it's in good enough condition to re-paint, and then replace easy child's door. We can put easy child's door onto difficult child's frame when he earns it back, minus the doorknob, because he chiseled away so much wood that the doorknob flops around and cannot be re-installed. Good thinking!
Except guess who's going to re-paint it ... ?