Wish me luck (re: psycho neighbour situation)

susiestar

Roll With It
Maybe you should send her flowers or make a gift basket of things to destress with and give it to her. Bubble bath, a book she might like (or one on ways to destress or meditate or whatever), scented body oil (neutrogena makes a nicely scented oil that can help calm you, Bath and Body works does also) and a yummy snack you either make yourself or get in the fancy foods section of the grocery store. Simple, but clearly shows her you value, like, respect and appreciate her. A candle would be a good thing to include.

I hope everyone on the street can relax after this guy is admitted and then evicted. Hopefully they will put him in jail for life.

Mattsmom277

Thats a great idea about a basket. She actually brought S/O and I flowers after he was attacked. She's a really kind woman. I am definitly going to make her up a basket, some white wine, scented candles, maybe a small but decadent box of chocolates. I used to sell for a major company that sells makeup and body products so I have a box full of extras left in my closet, and can for sure choose some nice body oils etc. Thanks for the great idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No chance of jail for life. Heck, we'll be LUCKY if he's in hospital for a few months. The **** thing is that since WE are getting him admitted for psychiatric reasons, he gets a built in get out of jail free card on all criminal charges. He will end up "not guilty" due to being mentally unstable at time of offense. Lovely huh? I get the point of the law in this part of this problem. But it sure ties hands of everyone in terms of the fact that this is not a case where hospitalization in itself can help someone not offend again, which is the type of offender this law is intended to protect. This guy WILL continue this type of thing. It is a true lesson in frustration. This officer and I had quite a talk about the problems in the mental health system in place. It serves well for non violent people, but aside from that, the program fails miserably the very people it should serve. ARGH!

Should mention that we are for sure going to be asking for the dept. of defense to post us out instead of staying the first 2 years right here. Even aside from THIS psycho, I'm right tired of this city. Due to the psychiatric hospital being the only one for entire north part of the province, we have a absurd number of psychiatric patients. I have had enough of walking this city and watching people who should be in hospital be beside me in the community constantly. I will miss my hometown in many ways, but in this way, I can't leave her soon enough.

witzend

This will be a long two days for everyone, I am sure. Hopefully the 3 - 4 day evaluation will reveal that he is a total whack-job and needs long term commitment. Hopefully, they will charge him with attempted murder of your S/O, which it clearly was and premeditated, rather than just assault.

Have as good a weekend as you can...

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I am so relieved to hear that you finally connected with somebody who has some sense in their head about this situation! Thank goodness you will soon have an ending to this nightmare! It's like something out of a thriller movie -- only more horrifying because it is REAL.

Stay safe until he is off the streets for good!

TerryJ2

Way To Go, Mattsmom!
I've got my fingers crossed.
I, too, hope that once he's admitted to the psychiatric hospital, they realize how dangerous he is and keep him longer. I wonder if there are any medications they could put him on that would calm him down or relax him enough so that he didn't actually act on his impulses? (Actually, if anyone here had expertise in that, it would be all of us moms.)
Sigh.
I like the gift basket idea.
I feel badly for your superintendent. Of course she's one of the good ones--that's why she's so upset--because she cares.
Thank you for posting again.

susiestar

Roll With It
So what new info have you learned from the neighbors and their affadavits? What has he been doing and successfully hiding all this time?

How did the psychiatric checks go? Did they really keep hounding him?

I am so glad the police see him as a danger to the entire community, not just your road! He truly could go off on another person at any time.

You are really brave standing up this way. Many people would have folded when they learned about whatever you have learned about. I admire you. A whole lot of people will be vastly safer because of what you are doing! Kudos to you!

Mattsmom277

Hi everyone. S/O and I totally faded last night. This has taken a toll. The phone has been quiet and no drama. We slept off and on for I think about 14 hours???? difficult child slept honest to goodness, 17 hours! He just woke up a while ago. Guess we all needed it!!!

Okay so tomorrow is the start hopefully of the real riddance of him, from the building and hopefully to hospital!!! Not sure how many checks they did, a few we know of. We slept so long, we may have missed things. Its late now so I don't want to call the superintendent or neighbours. No messages is a good thing!!!

We've learned all kinds of stuff about his lies. He left our widow neighbour, a close friend, her pets to die. They were rescued by a woman related to another neighbour. This was when he was watching her pets while she was away. The story we heard was totally different and did NOT involve harm to her pets. Its a long story but it involved police and blame on someone for breaking into this woman house, attempts by psycho to accuse this man of B&E and have him jailed. This man did NOT do these things. He is the man who is dying and was meant to be attacked that night instead of my S/O initially. We ALL thought the dying man did this. We also thought he was a criminal and all sorts of thigns. He's been a outcast, not teased or been rude to, but nobody speaks to him. This is the man who is gone from the road until this psycho is gone. It is stunning to learn his life story (true version!) and we all have some shame for believing things we did about him. :( :( :(

We doubt if anything we have heard about his life is true. He has always given away this neat brass type stuff, such as a genie type oil burning lamp to my daughter. He has tons of this stuff and we were all told he grew up with his parents in the international workers compound in Saudi Arabia. Many of his posessions seemed to back the story. I doubt it is true at all. Could be, but we doubt it.

I don't think anything he's EVER said is true. We really have NO clue who this guy is, what his background is, etc. Imagine, we all thought we knew him well. It's insane that he could trick SO MANY OF US. We are not a dumb group of people. It's frightening that men (and women) live like this among us!

We will be going to landlord tenant board tomorrow. It is the day for him to go and he isnt' going. That means we will get a court hearing date to get his eviction upheld. After filing for the date, we are going to the justice of the peace to apply for that Form 2 hospitalization. I have also left a message for a psychiatric doctor I am close to that works at the hospital. For some "advice" but also to bend her ear on this particular guy. Never know what good it may do!!!

The one set of neighbours who were listening to him, that I was hurt by? Well suddenly they have seen him nuts, talking insane. I don't know if they FINALLY spoke to people on the road or at least the superintendent. But my super messaged me on facebook today to say that the couple left a message on her answering machine saying they can see now that this guy has got to go. She messaged this morning and was planning to get hold of this couple. But since I was off radar all day, not sure how that call went. I'm sure i'll learn in the morning. Something tells me theres a doozy of a story to hear from them!!!!

Wish us luck tomorrow!! I'll try to post as soon as I can. I know my super can't get away until near to noon. So we may be out alot of the day accomplishing all we can.