Wish me luck!

tiredmommy

I've been through my initial training and I start work today as a pharmacy associate at our local drug store. I hope I'm up to this! :916blusher:

TerryJ2

Of course you'll do fine! And think of the expert info you'll be getting all day. :)
You'll have to be patient if theyhave you waiting on customers. Nothing like an 80-yr-old woman whose high point is grabbing your ear and not letting it go. :twister2:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
You'll do wonderfully. Just take your time and before long it will be natural and you'll wonder why you ever worried about it.

Hugs

DDD

I'm sure it will be stressful at first but I am 100% confident that you will be awesome! Hugs DDD

DammitJanet

good luck!

I was also a pharmacy tech but in a hospital when I was 16/17 for a while. I loved that job! I honestly dont know why they hired teens for such a job but I sure enjoyed it. I ended up getting fired in a quite horrific fashion that wasnt caused by me oddly enough. I had another teen girl that worked with me on my shift who was really quite nice and then there was an early 20 something guy who rotated shifts sometimes on ours and sometimes split between ours and another shift. We were still in school so normally we didnt work full time hours unless it was maybe 8 hours on a Saturday, normally we got about 4 hours a day after school. The slightly older young 20ish guy was a full time guy and he would sometimes be there when we were there and work the day shift and be leaving as we came in or the evening shift and be coming in when we arrived in the afternoon and stay after we left at about 8 or 9.

Well one night I left work at about 9 pm and this dude I had never seen before grabbed me and tossed me up against a car and whispered "Police...dont move!" I was terrified. I didnt know what the heck was going on. They cuffed me and made me sit on the ground next to that car. Next they waited for the other girl to come out...did the same thing to her. We were in the shadows. Then about 20 minutes later this older guy came out too and they got him. They brought us all into the hospital and took us into a room that had another room off to the side. They took each of us into the smaller room and had us show them our hands under this black light thing. Mine were fine. Nothing showed up on them. From what I understand, the other girls were fine too. However, the older guys hands glowed like a neon sign.

Seems the hospital had been having an issue with their powder cocaine going missing so they had put some sort of chemical on the lid of the cocaine container and if anyone touched it it would come off on their hands. He was busted.

Now I dont know why they had to fire us just because we were on the same shift that night even when our hands were clean but they said we might have known about it and could be going to his house after work. It was bs. We didnt know him. Heck the two of us didnt know each other outside of work! I didnt hang out with either of them outside of work. I have never actually seen cocaine except in that hospital. It was kept in a little locked room that we had to get a supervisor to open and have all medication fills rechecked by the pharmacist. The more potent drugs were kept in there. I think I only went in there a few times.

tiredmommy

Thanks, everyone. I survived day 1. I thought it was busy but the rest of the staff said it was actually kind of slow. :rofl: I got to work with the "nice" pharmacist today... I work with the "other" one tomorrow. Ugh!!!

cubsgirl

It's sounds like an interesting and fun job - I hope you enjoy it. The first couple of weeks at any job are a little stressful.