wish us luck

L

Liahona

difficult child 1 has a sliver in his hand and we are going to the dr to have it removed. He is already panicking about it. I'm anticipating a huge fight. I would normally do it myself but to get this out is going to require several people to hold his hand down. I'm hoping (but don,t think it'll happen) that dr will just leave t in.

difficult child 1's solution is to be completely out before hand. He isn't listening when I tell him they don't do general anesthetic for slivers.

Californiablonde

Ugh!I used to get splinters as a kid and I hated it. My dad used to take them out with a pair of tweezers and I dreaded the whole process. I used to get anxiety every time I would get one. I can really feel for your difficult child. Good luck to you and I pray it's not too bad of an experience for him.

L

Liahona

It's the tip of a thorn that broke off. Dr couldn't even see it. He said to soak difficult child 1's hand in epsome salts twice a day for 10 min and it should come out by itself. We were all so relieved it didn't have to be dug out.