Wish us luck...

ksm

tomorrow we visit Difficult Child at the rehab facility. husband and I will spend the night nearby and the next morning we will go back and she will be dismissed.

Crossing my fingers. Some visits and phone calls made me hopeful, other times she seemed anxious and frustrated. I guess it is to be expected..i am sure living in the facility has had its challenges.

A few days ago she called, crying and apologizing for what she had put us thru. They had had a speaker that night. A dad, who talked about his sons heroin addiction. He told the kids that he didn't know who the heroin would kill first...his son, or him and his wife, from the stress... She had me write down his blogspot address. I think it was Parentsofanaddict.blogspot.com

I visited it, and sent him a message to thank him for speaking to the teens. He actually messaged me back and offered to keep in touch. His son is in recovery now.

I hope I have positive things to share after the first few days. We get home Monday...have to drive 50 miles to her old intensive out Occupational Therapist (OT) rehab on Tuesday. Then Wednesday hopefully get her back in school...

Ksm

Littleboylost

Long road but the path ahead holds hope.
Wishing you all the best! It is an anxious time I am sure. Take it slow and one hour at s time. Big hugs of support to you.
:group-hug::staystrong:

ksm

She called last night, and actually asked us to come at 1pm for their church service. Visitation starts at 2. We have offered to go in the past, but she declined. The first time she said she wasn't attending, but then staff said, it was her choice, but kids who didn't go were given a booklet to read and complete written stuff in.

In my first post, it edited it to read occupational therapy. But it is intensive outpatient treatment...

Ksm

pasajes4

I'm sitting on a bumpy school bus looking out on total devastation. People are going about trying to put their lives back together and yet everywhere we stop they smile at us and are so grateful for whatever we are able to do for them even if it's just a sandwich and water.

I can't help thinking about 3 and all of our troubled kids and how they are so ungrateful for the hoops we have jumped through on their behalf. In fact most of them would have the gall to tell us it is not enough.

I pray that your daughter thanks her lucky stars and goes out of her way to show you that she is grateful for all that you have done for her.

susiestar

Roll With It
Good Luck, ksm. I hope and pray that this was enough to truly get through to your daughter and make her want to change her ways. I hope she is strong enough to continue on in her recovery. (((((hugs)))))

Littleboylost

I am with you and sending all the positive energy I can muster for a positive outcome. Hope with no expectations.
:difficult child:

Littleboylost

I'm sitting on a bumpy school bus looking out on total devastation. People are going about trying to put their lives back together and yet everywhere we stop they smile at us and are so grateful for whatever we are able to do for them even if it's just a sandwich and water.

I can't help thinking about 3 and all of our troubled kids and how they are so ungrateful for the hoops we have jumped through on their behalf. In fact most of them would have the gall to tell us it is not enough.

I pray that your daughter thanks her lucky stars and goes out of her way to show you that she is grateful for all that you have done for her.
PJ
Your words are so true.

ksm

We had a good visit. "Church" at the facility was very casual and the bible story was pertinent to teens. She forgot the bible she was given and rushed back to her room to get it! She even had a highlighter and I could see that she had marked certain passages that she liked.

So far so good. Gets dismissed tomorrow. There is now a guy from our community in that facility that she went to middle school with. I admit I was bring judgmental...thinking, great...here's another kid she might try to hang with once he gets dismissed...

Then the minister asked if someone would close with prayer. And he volunteered! He did much better than I would have been able to do! And he mentioned Difficult Child by name and prayed for her to continue to do well when she returned home.

I guess I am not too old to learn new lessons. Ashamed of myself...

Ksm

Littleboylost

Don't be ashamed KSM. On my not so great days a state at random kids I'm shopping centres and play grounds and think which one of you little darlings is going to be a thief, a junkie, a thug. Dark thoughts come to us at times.

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
Prayers that your gd and your family has a peaceful reunion!

Keep us posted.