wish us luck

crazymama30

We are giving team sports another try. Last few times were a disaster, but difficult child wants to play tackle football so bad. He looks so grown up in his uniform. Helmet,pads the whole 9 yards. Once I figure out how to post a picture I will post one in watercooler.

K

Kjs

Good Luck. We have tried all sports. difficult child stuck with Soccer since he was 4 (8 years now) and his true passion...baseball.
In football..funny now, when the coach would have them run in practice, or do certain drills. He just said...I'm not doing that. (it was hot) didn't work out very well. He couldn't refuse to do the practice drills and expect to play in the game. Not fair to the others who work so hard. We had to quit.
Hope he has a great season.

BusynMember

Good luck to your son! My DAUGHTER (age 11) signed up for Pop Warner. She's playin' with the boys (they actually were the ones who told her to sign up--she's a good athlete) and she LOVES it. I hope your son's coach is as good as my daughter's. in my opinion it has a lot to do with the coach!

busywend

Very good! I hope it works out and difficult child learns the valueable lessons that come from team sports.

Wiped Out

Staff member
I hope everything works out! So far the sport that has worked best for my difficult child is wrestling because even though he is on a team it is individual. He does really want to play football though!

On_Call

Good luck!! Hope it works out well and that your difficult child has a great season! They do look so cute in their uniforms, don't they? I think team sports can teach kids so many good things.

Our difficult child tried football several years ago. Went to all the practices and never complained. Went to the first game - opposing team showed up - they were at least a head taller than each of our kids. difficult child played his heart out - got knocked down several times and got right back up again - never saying a word.

On the way to the car after the game, we were congratulating him and his response was "That was my FIRST and LAST football game." :laugh: lol. He went back for two more practices, but opted out of the rest of the season. I couldn't blame him - he gave it a true try - just wasn't for him.

Hope your difficult child fairs better and that you have fun all season rooting him on! :thumb:

TerryJ2

I've got my fingers crossed for you. We've tried lots of things but baseball seems to be the big-ahem-hit. :smile: