Wishing You All a Peaceful Thanksgiving

HMBgal

I know that we have members from all over here, but for us Americans with difficult children, today can be fraught. Too much stimulation, other people trying to parent our kids or grandkids because they know best and decide to prove it because a) they've had a little bit to drink, or b) just need to show 'em who's boss, etc. So, to one and all, good luck. My grandson is down in Los Angeles with a bunch of extended family and I'm just waiting for the shoe to drop. He's had a pretty bad month on all fronts and doesn't sleep, so that is a recipe for...something. I wonder: should I turn my phone off?

In any event, I have great gratitude for all of you for your generosity and for the warm place to land this has become for me. Thank you. And Administrators, special hats off to you because you really work your butts off to keep it that way.

HMBgal

I saw my daughter and her son, the 8 yr old difficult child, after they got back from their road trip and everything went GREAT and the rest of the family members were remarking on how well behaved he was, sweet, considerate, smart, etc. And he sang a sweet song to one of the fussy babies and there wasn't a dry eye in the house. Of course, they were down in Los Angeles with very warm weather so they were all in the pool all day, no strict bedtime---pretty much feral kids for three days. This difficult child who normally can't quiet his body and mind down enough by 11:30 and up at 5 (yeah, you know what his school days are like), was asleep by 10 and up by 7. That is an amazing amount of sleep for him. And we went out to dinner and he actually ate VEGETABLES! Did difficult child get abducted by aliens and they left a look-a-like behind??? I know reality will come flooding back, but it sure is nice to see this side of my dear grandson. I love that kid so hard that it hurts.