Wiz Delighted Us, and It is My 25th Anniversary!

susiestar

Roll With It
Hubby came to me yesterday while I was reading. I thought he was upset about something and then he pulled out a book by his favorite authors. He has loved her books for many years, so I couldn't figure out what was important about this paperback. Hubby told me to open it to the title page.

Wiz was at a gaming convention out of town last week. He waited in a very long line to get one of the authors of this book to autograph it for hubby. Wiz told the author that he hadn't gotten his dad anything for his birthday so the book would be a belated gift. The author actually wrote a short message saying Happy Birthday to my husband! He was sooo tickled when he got it.

Part of the reason hubby was excited was that it was his favorite author. But most of the reason is because our son spent a chunk of his vacation time to get this for his father. We spent years thinking Wiz hated us, and more years hurting because Wiz seemed indifferent to us. Now we know that our son loves us and just couldn't express it. I cannot even express in words how much that means, or how special that autographed book it. husband and I both cried as we hugged and realized just what the book meant.

This could NOT have happened at a better time. Today is our 25th wedding anniversary. Just 25 years ago, my husband and I got married and were expecting our first baby in just 3 months. It has not been a big challenge, but my husband has given me the greatest gifts anyone could ever have - his love and our 3 incredible children!

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
That is so awesome!! What a beautiful and loving thing he did.

Thanks so much for sharing.

And.............................

33011567-Felice-anniversario-Archivio-Fotografico.jpg