Wondering what I did! feeling suicidal again!

Discussion in 'Parent Emeritus' started by Desperately Sad, Nov 6, 2017.

1. Thank you for your kind wise words. Your words brought tears to my eyes (but for good reasons)
    Such true words. Thank you, thank you. I will try.
    PS I have chooks too. Hugs xxx

2. New Leaf

New Leaf Well-Known Member

I had to look this up, chooks, chickens, lol.

I am down to two hens, they free range, too old for egg laying. My son says "Mom, we need to eat them." I can't bring myself to do it. They follow me around the garden, clucking and chatting at me. They come up on our porch step and look for us, making a purring sound, trying to get someone to come outside and give them feed.
    I am a bad farmer! I can't eat them!
    I am going to fix up my coop and get some more chicks.
    I miss fresh eggs.

DS, I hope you have a better day today.
    I may be sappy, but I find what helps me is to look for quotes and put it on a post it note on my computer at work.

Heres on that helped me in my darkest moments.
    [​IMG]

You will find your way through this DS, one little star at a time.

(((HUGS)))
    Leafy

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  3. Wussenabler

Wussenabler New Member

4. Wussenabler

Wussenabler New Member

You are so kind to share the wisdom you've gained through your experiences. THANK YOU.

5. New Leaf

Thank you for your kindness. This site helped me to pull out of some very dark times. I am grateful for all that is shared here and grateful I am able to share. Writing here, helps me to remind myself to look up.
    I am no wiser than anyone here, just been around the block a few times, if you know what I mean.
    Thank you W and everyone else for sharing your stories.
    We are all kindred spirits finding our way through some very tough stuff.
    Soldier on.
    (((HUGS)))
    Leafy

7. Ha Ha, sorry to confuse you talking about my chooks. I too would not eat mine either! I am a soppy mare too, keep them till the end, often nursing them with heat pads in the winter!. I was going to give up keeping them as well, but so missed the fresh eggs every day, (shop brought ones just not the same).
    I too like quotes, thank you for yours... Very true. A favourite of mine at the moment is the Serenity Prayer

God grant me the serenity to accept the things that I cannot change, the courage to change the things that I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. Although I am not religious, I have found this helpful.
    For now things have calmed slightly. DS even came for a dog walk with me today, although we didn't speak about anything in particular, I see it as a step in the right direction (baby steps!)
    Thank you for your kind words.

8. New Leaf

So true, even the color of fresh eggs is different.

Love this. The serenity prayer. My dad broke it down even further often saying “It is what it is.”
    He was not religious either, but he did believe in a higher power.
    I have a quote from his favorite Socratic philosopher Epictetus on my computer
    “Happiness and freedom begin with a clear understanding of one principle. Some things are within your control, and some are not.”
    Baby steps indeed- he got out of the house-yay! It’s okay that you didn’t speak about anything in particular, at least he joined you for a walk. A good thing.
    I am glad DS, that today is a better day.
    (((Hugs)))
    Leafy

9. recoveringenabler

recoveringenabler Well-Known Member Staff Member

Brilliant quote Leafy, thank you!