Work costume contest

mstang67chic

Going Green
So....they decided at work today that we will have an employee costume contest Friday. Winner gets 50 bucks.

Since the boss never calls me by my name, I came up with what I think is the PERFECT costume! LOL Bubba (that's really what he calls himself) tried to call me by my real name one day (usually it's New Girl) and flubbed it. Because of how it came out, he called me Betty Crocker for a bit. So......THAT'S what I'm going as. I've got an apron and I'm going to put a wisk and a wooden spoon in the pocket and carry a mixing bowl with a box of Betty Crocker mashed potatos in it. None of the BC stuff I have in the pantry has "her" picture on it but I'm thinking she looks pretty put together and in a blouse so I'll have to research the clothes.

What do you think?

mstang67chic

Going Green
Nuh-uh!!! After I took over 60 monster chocolate chip/reese cup cookies in, I'll get mobbed! LOL The guys are already asking when I'm going to make them again.

Andy

That does sound cute. You can google her to research how she dressed throughout the years.

You should put a cake mix in the bowl with a sign, "The winner will bring in a cake on Monday!"

Add a small container or vegetable oil and an egg and a measuring cup.

mstang67chic

Going Green
Thanks WMM! I knew there was red in there somewhere. Hmmm.....I have the blouse and the pearls but no red jacket. I'll have to dig around and see what I can come up with!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Go for it!

Me, I'm going tonight to a Halloween get-together with my Drunko/Bunco pals and dressing as a Desperate Housewife, aka Betty Crocker Pre-Rehab ;) Got my martini glass all polished up, got my pearls on, my slightly-off-kilter makeup, my dumpster-diving hair-do and my fuzzy slippers. I'm a sight for sore eyes... or was that eye sore? (hic!)

KTMom91

This sounds like fun! The schools no longer let the kids dress up, which is a bummer for me because I can't, either. But tomorrow is Slipper Day at the school I'm working at, so if I can find my doggie slippers, I'm set!

janebrain

I always dress up at work for Halloween--we have a party and there are prizes but not $50.00! I like to dress as a stereotype sort of character (nerd, hippie, librarian, etc.) and then act the part all day. I really have fun because I can act as outrageous as I like. This year I am going to be a movie director--have that clapboard thing they use to yell "cut" and a megaphone. I have black clothes to wear, sunglasses, a "cool guy" wig, etc. I will have fun pretending I am directing a movie and these co-workers are actors that I get to boss around.

Have fun being Betty Crocker! I might steal your idea for next year....:)

Jane

Star*

call 911........call 911
Betty Crocker 1972 looks like Princess Lea from Star Wars.....

Let the FORCE BE WITH YOU -

Anyone remember the joke about Betty Crocker....?

gcvmom

Here we go again!
... that she's one HOT DISH?!

... that she can really DISH IT OUT?!

... that she's always got somethin' COOKIN'?!

...???

Andy

Mstang - you are one brave person. I was too scared to ask. I started a reply earlier than got too scared myself so though I would leave it for a braver soul.

GCV - those are good answers but are they too safe for Star?

Abbey

Spork Queen
There is NO way she looks like that in 1996. Go for the 60's version.

Do you know they have a Betty Crocker room in Washington D.C.? (Sorry...it's 4am and can't think of the name of the place. I hate getting old.) It's filled with all of her original stuff.

Abbey