Worried, and did I mention I HATE waiting?

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Waiting to find out the results of husband's brian MRI this past Friday. We took a peek at the images and it sure looks like he had another small bleed not far from where he had surgery in February (which would explain the resurgence in seizures this summer). I'm dreading another surgery...

I absolutely HATE this waiting and not knowing. Never should have looked, I guess. husband left a message with the neurosurgeon's office this afternoon so they know he's anxious to hear the outcome.

He joked on Friday that if he did need to go under again, at least they'd be able to use the same scar!

I've gotten absolutely NOTHING done today. I spent way too much time looking at his pre-op and post-op films to compare, and I KNOW what I saw on Friday is much bigger than what's on either of the older films.

easy child/difficult child 3 is home with an icky cough, too. I hate it when I'm this distracted. Where's my productivity button when I need it?

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
UGH... so sorry. I hope and pray for only positive or negative if that means good results.

Lothlorien

It could be adhesions. Still, if whatever it is that's causing it, you will know for sure and be able to correct it. Is he on medications for the seizures or is the Lamictal for mood disorder?

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Thanks, ladies :)

Loth, he's on Lamictal for the seizures (we just serendipitously discovered it helped his mood). The cause of the seizures the first time was a cluster of abnormal capillaries called a cavernous hemangioma -- they essentially leak blood which irritates the surrounding tissue and causes the seizures. They removed the first one, but also found a smaller one not far from it. They were both sprouting off an abnormal vein (DVA or developmental venous anomaly) that often causes these. The vein cannot be removed because it is functional (unless they just resect the whole area). It's the second cavernoma that I fear has had a more significant bleed this time. :(

Star*

call 911........call 911
So yer lookin for an easy button huh?

I hear you! Keeping you in our prayers for the best possible outcome and possibly smudgy films. (hey ! it could happen)

Hope nothing is wrong........but I LOVE your husband's sense of humor.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Praying hard for husband. Sending good juju and vibes and anything else good I can muster.

Absolutely despise waiting. I drives me batty.

(((hugs)))

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Thankyou HOC & EW!

Just heard from husband -- surgeon is out until Thursday, but will review the results and get back to him ASAP when he's back in the office. I guess I can hold my breath a few more days! ;)