Worries over homeless son and lockdowns/COVID 19

JayPee

Sending good vibes...
I am having such anxiety over homeless son living in his car. What happens to someone like him if the US goes into a lockdown state? He wouldn't go the a shelter even before COVID 19 because of the crowds...never mind now.

I do not want him to live with me and I'm so torn inside about all this.

Any thoughts and strength would be welcomed.

Crayola13

I'm just guessing, but if there is a total lockdown the National Guard would probably force the homeless into shelters. In San Francisco, where there is a huge homeless population, people were told to shelter in place. Their shelters don't have capacity for that many people, anyway. NYC is about to go on lockdown, so you might check the websites of their shelters to see how they are handling this type of scenario.

Did they cancel mass in your town? I don't know that this has ever happened during Lent. Tomorrow is the last day, then church is cancelled until Easter. I'm going to mass tomorrow while I still can. If you can get off work, it might help you to go, too.

JayPee

Sending good vibes...
Crayola,

Thanks for that information. I'll keep checking.

Our area has also cancelled mass which is understandable but so unfortunate. I attended every morning before work to have strength and courage to get through life. So many of us will miss this opportunity but maybe it will make us more thankful for it when regular mass returns and all our other freedoms that are slowly being taken away also return.

I think for certain, or at least I'm hopeful, we will all come out of this more thankful.

louise2350

I'm just guessing, but if there is a total lockdown the National Guard would probably force the homeless into shelters. In San Francisco, where there is a huge homeless population, people were told to shelter in place. Their shelters don't have capacity for that many people, anyway. NYC is about to go on lockdown, so you might check the websites of their shelters to see how they are handling this type of scenario.

Did they cancel mass in your town? I don't know that this has ever happened during Lent. Tomorrow is the last day, then church is cancelled until Easter. I'm going to mass tomorrow while I still can. If you can get off work, it might help you to go, too.
Crayola,

Thanks for that information. I'll keep checking.

Our area has also cancelled mass which is understandable but so unfortunate. I attended every morning before work to have strength and courage to get through life. So many of us will miss this opportunity but maybe it will make us more thankful for it when regular mass returns and all our other freedoms that are slowly being taken away also return.

I think for certain, or at least I'm hopeful, we will all come out of this more thankful.

louise2350

Crayola: They have cancelled Masses in my town. My Church is pretty close by. They cancelled Masses about a week ago. They do have the Church open from 9-5 for visiting if you want to. I had to laugh as one of my daughters, who is in the Choir at this Church, told me this morning they are having drive-by confessions starting this week. I can't imagine that and it just struck me as so funny but we've got to go by the times we are in. I miss not being able to attend Mass and hope all of this ends soon .

HMBgal

My 43 year old daughter (meth addict) lives in her car, too. She actually answered my text (I'm raising her kids and I pay for her phone) if she was safe, and she's sleeping on the couch in a friend's house and is safe for now. Hugs to you all. As if we didn't have enough on our plates, right?

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
Blessings to all of you.

Praying this all ends soon and we get back to normal.

Sorry for all your worries.

This may read weird, but in a study done here in Denmark, they realized that the homeless community was actually steering clear of the Covid-19. The reason being that most homeless are segregated from society as a whole, they don't get the same exposure to the virus.
Dont know if this will help you at all, but it´s worth taking into the equation.