Worst movies ever or movies you didn't like that everyone else did

witzend

Don't hate me - Avatar. The "Avatar" story is exactly the "Dances with Wolves" story, scene for scene and nearly word for word. As for it's "cool 3-D effects", I was ready to barf within the 1st half hour and had to cover my eyes for two hours waiting for the movie to get over. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy 3-D movies, I just can't do a 3-D movie where the entire purpose of the 3-D is to give you the impression that you are flying through the air.

Lil

I haven't been to a 3-D movie in 15 years. Jabber has a condition that makes him focus out of one eye at a time...so he can't see 3-D and it just gives him a headache. :(

I loved Avatar. It doesn't matter to me that it's just like Dances with Wolves (which I also liked) but it's also like Romeo and Juliette. There's very little original anymore. Just new twists on old themes.

KTMom91

I just remembered an awful movie that came out in 1979 or so...Phantasm. I made my dad take me (my parents had just separated and he was feeling guilty) and when the little silver ball came flying around the corner of the building, it suddenly grew two spikes and impaled itself in somebody's head. My dad jumped so high he spilled popcorn all over everything.

witzend

I loved Avatar. It doesn't matter to me that it's just like Dances with Wolves (which I also liked) but it's also like Romeo and Juliette. There's very little original anymore. Just new twists on old themes.

I don't think that we saw the same Romeo & Juliet. The one where the families are fighting and the children fall in love before they realize who the other is, marry in secret, pretend to die so they can escape, there's confusion and they they really die? That doesn't sound at all like the soldier who is sent into a foreign world/civilization for recognizance, falls in love with one of the women who is also a warrior, realizes that his army is corrupt and using him to take the blue people/American Indian's land away, then fights his army and lives happily forever with the blue/American Indian warrior bride.

Lil

That doesn't sound at all like the soldier who is sent into a foreign world/civilization for recognizance, falls in love with one of the women who is also a warrior, realizes that his army is corrupt and using him to take the blue people/American Indian's land away, then fights his army and lives happily forever with the blue/American Indian warrior bride.

So....Pocahontas?

But my point is they're all the same. Boy meets girl. Boy and girl's "families" are at war/feuding/hate each other. Boy and girl get together against all odds.

The death at the end just makes it a tragedy instead of a romance.

(Jabber has an often-repeated saying, "It's a love story, everybody dies.")