Worst picture ever!!!

Californiablonde

Last year my work started having us wear mandatory picture ID's every day. I already don't like my pictures as it is, but being overweight makes me hate my pictures taken even more. I thought last year was bad. This year's picture is ten times worse. I thought I would look better since I lost 17 pounds, but I look awful. For one thing the photographer took the picture way too close up. You can see every single flaw in my skin. For another my face looks super fat, even worse than last year. And I have this horrible double chin. The pics we just got today are actually for next year's badges and they are going to be used in this year's yearbook. By this time next year I will have hopefully lost this extra 29 pounds and I'll be skinny again. But I will have to wear this horrible ID badge every single day for the entire year. Somebody at work gave me a compliment yesterday that she can't believe how thin I'm getting. I was feeling so good till I saw today's picture. I still have a bunch more weight to lose till you can actually notice and now my self esteem is shot. I am going to try not to get discouraged and still carry on with my weight loss. I am just upset I am going to constantly be reminded of how disgusting I look for the next two years!

LittleDudesMom

This is a glass half full or a glass half empty issue. You need to start writing your story from a different perspective, in my opinion. Life is relative girl, get a grip and stop writing your story with such negative slant. It's not what you have, it's what you do with what you have.

InsaneCdn

In other words... in another 6 months, you won't look anything at all like that picture, and people will wonder whatever happened...

In my district we wear the same badge forever as the day we were hired. I have tried "losing" mine in the hopes they will re-take it. No, they just send over another of the same. My hair was frizzy in that picture, but if you look at that picture, I am now gorgeous in comparison! Nobody even looks at it by the way. Once in awhile a student will grab it and comment. That's about once every 2 years. No one will notice yours, do you ever look at another persons? I don't. Don't worry.

DammitJanet

I wouldnt even worry about it. Have you ever really looked at Driver's Licenses? I think they take the worst pictures possible on purpose. I look like I was half drunk and one eye is bigger than the other! No one pays a bit of attention. If they even see my picture its when ID'ing me and then Im flattered...lol. I actually got carded to buy a pack of cigarettes the other day and almost choked while laughing. In our state the law is you have to ask for an ID if you possibly look under 35. There is no way I look under 35! Im 51...lol

cubsgirl

I wouldn't worry about it either. My College ID (I was an adult student) was awful - I even had one teacher mention I should get it re-done because it was so unflattering but I just didn't worry about it at all. Most people are not going to spend any time analyzing your picture - it's only you that is bothered by it. Hold your head high and enjoy your job.

susiestar

Roll With It
Bad ID photos are pretty standard. My dad has never had one and his most recent concealed carry permit has the first bad one he has had in years and it is truly hilarious. Keep that photo to help motivate you to lose weight, and know that no matter what, it is just a photo. It is NOT a picture of the real you, so don't worry about it. It is far more important to be a good person than to look a certain way. Have you ever looked back at old photos and wondered what you were thinking even though you knew you felt you looked really good at the time?

If you really hate it, go in on a day you think you look good and tell them you lost the photo. Or ask the yearbook person if you can submit a different picture. It cannot hurt to ask and you likely are not the first to hate the photos.

Californiablonde

The photographer this year was AWFUL. It's not just my picture that's way too close up, it's everybody's. I guess I'm in the minority because I actually do look at people ID's out of curiosity. This photographer must be new because the pics look terrible. Of course nobody else here is overweight like I am so I look even worse than they do. To top it all off last night I was feeling down and couldn't sleep so I binge ate easy child's chocolate chip cookies in the middle of the night. I feel terrible! I have no idea how many weight watchers points I used up but I'm sure it's way over my limit. Now I am going to be extra careful and can't eat anything extra this weekend. I am still motivated to take this weight off and no more binge eating for me!

svengandhi

A few days before I got married, I got my hair cut and styled and had a trial of makeup. I then went to DMV to get a new license photo. Imagine my horror when, a couple of weeks later, I got a letter from DMV that basically said your photo was so horrible, we're giving you a free do-over! I still have a hard time looking at my wedding photos.

DammitJanet

I seriously doubt you are the only overweight person where you work considering the national average for obesity. You are just more aware of your situation. Im sure there are a ton of people who think they weigh too much and think the same thing about themselves. Most people dont like what their pictures look like in any setting. I avoid the camera as much as possible.

I totally agree with LDM's advice. I think you're wasting way too much time and energy focusing on something that, in the scheme of life, doesn't really matter very much. I truly believe that we have the power to choose happiness over unhappiness no matter what circumstances we find ourselves in. I know this sounds way too simple but, having a positive outlook rather than a negative one, really can and does make a huge difference in how we feel about ourselves, life in general.

I'm an emotional eater too. I know how hard it is to break this habit. I'm not happy to admit this but I revert back to emotional eating when life gets super challenging. The difference between how I deal with emotional eating now and how I dealt with it in the past, is that I realize that my happiness isn't dependent on how I look on the outside but rather how I feel on the inside. In order to feel good on the inside, you need to focus on the positive things in life, even if for now, those positive things seem super small, like the sun is out and your morning coffee is brewed just the way you like it.

Thinking of you... Hoping today is a better day... Hugs... SFR

Californiablonde

I am actually a pretty positive person. This was a light hearted post about a bad picture. I am not focusing all my energy on it. I'm over it and I didn't let it ruin my day.

So happy to hear this! Sorry... I misunderstood your thread. I think it's much harder writing then being able to talk to people face to face. Plus, I know my personal experiences color the way I think, respond to things.

Thinking of you, hoping today is a great day... SFR