Worst Winter City

Nancy

Yay we finally won an award lol - Forbes rated Cleveland as the Worst Winter City! I didn't need Forbes to tell me that.

Nancy

TerryJ2

Yeah, I thought Buffalo would rate there. They get so much snow.
Maybe it's about the plows, traffic, etc., as well.

KTMom91

I would rather win the award for the worst winter city than the one our city won...America's drunkest. We also won America's dumbest.

And the city council wonders why this place is such a joke...

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Yeah, that's about how I feel about WI's being the state with the worst level of DUI accidents.

Couldn't figure out why my auto ins rates up here in the sticks are higher than they were in Chicago.

I figured initially that it was from whacking deer and the occasional bear, but nooooo...according to my agent, we just have a LOT of people who get drunk and crash into things.

Annoying. I don't drink and drive, I've never had so much as a moving violation, and I've never been in an at fault accident...and I've been driving for nearly 35 years!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
GN - no offense as WI is a gorgeous state... But in the winter... Not much else to do! LOL

...I'm surprised we didn't make it high on that list. OH is no big thing for stuff to do either.

Nancy

What?!? Step2...no big thing to do??? Are you putting down my fair city??? There's lots to do here when it snows. We have two ski resorts within 20 minutes from me, a toboggan chute that rivels all others in the metroparks,,, beautiful scenery, many ice skating rinks - several outdoors, one right in the middle of downtown, and many many sled riding hills throughout the city.

JK.

Nancy

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
OKAY OKAY... slinking off to the corner muttering about the R&R HoF, Lake Erie, etc. etc. etc.

...FWIW we have the National Museum of the United States Air Force!

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Hey, there's plenty to do up here in the Winter if a: we have enough snow, and b: you don't mind freezing your tush off.

In fact, we have one of the best networks of snowmobile trails in the country. Several ski areas, the biggest ice fishing tourney in the central states, lots of winter activities that don't require drinking.

In fact, in my town you can't even buy a six pack at a gas station. You have to go to either a liquor store or to a liquor department where the alcohol is rung up seperately.

Either that, or you drive out of town where you can buy booze until midnight and on holidays.