Would you have a problem if it was your child?

ahhjeez

This just does not sit well with me. These are 6 & 7 year olds. Never have I ever said to my son when he asked to use the restroom, "too bad, hold it." I know myself, sometimes I don't have to go and then 5 minutes later I need to find a restroom. And a child's bladder is not the same size as an adult's. This sounds punitive and cruel. My kid would be getting a note from his doctor.

Copabanana

Nobody should be deprived of the dignity to respond to nature's call. No matter what age. I give my dogs and cats that consideration.

No other human being has the right or authority to govern or degrade another in this manner.

HMBgal

I think teachers should only be allowed to go potty twice a day.

I'm a teacher and shoot, I'm lucky if I get to do that. And no, I would never EVER tell a child they can't use the restroom. We do make them go with another child, though. I'm Special Education, and if we suspect a child is doing it for task avoidance, we handle it completely differently.

A dad

Never understood why do you have to hold it is there no recess between each class in your country? Also who is gonna comment and what can it do.
I had an short time being an teacher to older students and when I had to go to the bathroom I went and nobody commented about it no matter when.
If they did well my answer will have been I do not care what you say if I need to go I go. Honestly nobody can do anything about it.

Asdf

I teach year 2 and don't let them go to the toilet during lesson time. Would it bother you?
What is really bothersome is that as a teacher of small children you are becoming embroiled in these stupid power struggles. Aren't there more important issues or concerns to occupy your time with?