Would You?....

DS3

Would you rather keep part of your sanity, knowing that you were wrecking your heart in the process? Or would you fix the heart issue while going a little insane in the process? That was the question I had to answer this week. Interesting choice, right?

Well the outcome came to be my heart over my brain, so I am just hoping that I don't go too insane in the process. Basically what it came down to was take my adderall for my ADHD, or take my heart medication to raise my blood pressure and lower my fast heart rate.

So here is my apology for future reference if I have more 'ADD' moments on the board. I feel better since I started taking the medication for my heart though. Not so tired all the time. Plus, I got a referral from my psychiatric to start Neuro Bio Feedback for the ADD part. Hopefully that helps.

And I go to see the cardiologist again this morning. Hopefully he can answer the questions I have... like how long I will be on this medication? etc. etc.

DS3

buddy

oh yes,.... I'm with you on this, heart over head. heart issue can be lethal. Head issue, well we can all deal with that though you may get a little frustrated! I vote for heart health! ( I am sure you were waiting for my opinion, right? HAHA j.k.)

DS3

Well at least I knew about the Neuro Bio-Feedback in the area, so that way I could continue working on both. But yeah, everyone seemed to agree that the heart came over the brain. Still feel kind of screwed though. Don't know why, just do. LOL. Next week is when the stress level goes back up... fighting with the school and all that fun Jazz. As well as finishing my presentation for a conference I was asked to speak at -at the end of March.

Star*

call 911........call 911
My thought? Totally serious here -

If your heart doesn't work? Your brain isn't going to do anything. I'd rather be a little nuts and living than be dead and not have to think about anything.

Glad you are getting some help.

HUGS

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I'm with Star. Heart first. We can handle insanity and ADD... Don't we already?!

Besides, if your brain is getting the proper amount of oxygen, not too much and not too little, wouldn't that help, too?

InsaneCdn

I'm with Step... getting your blood pressure up DOES help the ADD, too.
And then? Once your heart stuff is stable... you MIGHT be able to use a non-stimulant medication for your ADD...

DS3

i think you made the right choice forget about the ADD :rofl: LOL

OMG. I needed that laugh this morning...

Thanks for the support. I find that when my blood pressure gets too low, I end up fatigued. To the point of almost falling asleep on a busy highway. Luckily enough, made it home and then crashed in my bed. Have had a couple of episodes like that. It's more or less remembering to take my medicine. When I forget, I can tell.