Wouldn't you know

Wiped Out

Staff member
the psychiatric hospital called today to talk about admission and, of course, he is physically sick which will delay him being able to go in. I will call his pediatrician tomorrow to arrange the pre-psychiatric hospital physical which he has to have before he can be admitted.

Most of the day he has slept and I have felt very sorry for him. He recently had a spurt of energy (I think the ibuprofen took his temp. down) and was a royal difficult child.

He does need this hospitalization. He was violent a few more times this week and even punched another child at school (again from what I hear it was provoked but that doesn't excuse it). He is supposed to be at ISS tomorrow but will be home with me instead because of being sick

smallworld

Sharon, I hope difficult child feels better soon and you get the hospital admission details squared away. It's never easy, is it? Hugs to you.

Jena

im sorry to hear he's sick and i hope that everything with setting up hospital goes well

get some rest yourself

good luck tmrw

jen :)

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
This hasn't been the best year for viruses, has it? I hope difficult child is feeling better soon.

Keeping fingers crossed arrangements with hospital goes smoothly and difficult child can hold it together fairly well til being admitted. Being sick always makes Nichole 100 times worse than ever. ugh

Hugs

ShakespeareMamaX

may i ask...has your difficult child been hospitalized before? i'm curious, as the 2 times my son went to the hospital, everything ended up being worse than when it started. i do wish you the best of luck with everything. give your boy a big skwish. i hope he feels better (this demon bug has been hitting everybody, lately).

i feel your pain with the escalation of my difficult child's aggressive behavior. keep us updated. <3

LittleDudesMom

Sharon,

I hope difficult child gets his health back so you can get this ball rolling. Does he know about this yet? If so, what was his reaction? My difficult child will absolutely flip!

I know this is hard on you, we are here.....

Sharon

Wiped Out

Staff member
Thanks for all the good wishes!

He is feeling even worse this morning. He is asking/demanding I call the dr right now. I told him I will at 8:00 this morning. His cough is horrible and I think he is running a fever. In addition he keeps complaining his arm hurts-he just told me he thinks it's broken. I told him sore yes, broken no.

Shakespeare-He has been hospitalized twice before. Both times for him were helpful.

Sharon-We haven't told him yet. If he goes in before Friday I think he will freak as he has a classroom play he is in. My kid with the short term memory problems has not only memorized his two lines but the lines of several others and has been filling in for them when they are gone. Other than missing the play I'm not sure how he will react. He may be fine because he has been comfortable there in the past but now that he is more self aware it may make him upset.

Sharon,

I hope your difficult child is physically healthy ASAP!!! I can't even begin to imagine how frustrating and stressful this situation is for you.

in my humble opinion, I think you're doing the right thing by not telling your difficult child ahead of time that he is going into the psychiatric hospital. difficult child 1 would become extremely explosive if he knew I had planned a psychiatric hospital admission. In fact, I know I wouldn't tell difficult child 1 about it until it was absolutely necessary to do so.

I'll be keeping you in my thoughts as I know how hard it is to have a sick difficult child. I hope he gets well soon and you're able to get him into the hospital by Friday.

And, when you finally get him admitted, spend lots of time doing special things for yourself while he is gone. You definitely need and deserve a break!!! WFEN