WOW! Check out this wattior mom!

rejectedmom

Just read this on AOL news. Way to go MOM!

'Meanest Mom on the Planet' sells son's car
Posted Jan 9th 2008 1:30PM by Angie Felton
Filed under: Teenager, Discipline

Jane Hambleton had just two rules for her teenage son when she bought him a car: no alcohol and keep it locked.

When after only a few weeks, she found found a bottle under the seat, she didn't get mad. She put an ad in the classifieds.

OLDS 1999 Intrigue. Totally uncool parents who obviously don't love teenage son, selling his car. Only driven for three weeks before snoopy mom who needs to get a life found booze under front seat. $3,700/offer. Call meanest mom on the planet.

"It's overwhelming the number of calls I've gotten from people saying 'Thank you, it's nice to see a responsible parent.'" Hambleton said. "So far there are no calls from anyone saying, 'You're really strict. You're real overboard, lady."

I am impressed by this woman's courage. It's easy to say you'd do the exact same thing, but would be much hard to actually go through with.

Rock on with your bad self, mean Mom!

gottaloveem

I couldn't believe this made headline news this morning. Taking a teens car after he was told about the zero tolerance policy regarding alcohol in the car, sounds like good parenting to me.

It's weird that people think it is strict or unusual parenting.

Coookie

Saying and doing are tough as we all know. This mom IS a true Warrior Mom :warrior: She is possibly saving many lives, including that of her son. :smile:

Hugs