Wow--difficult child got an A on math test and was voted baseball team captain

TerryJ2

So I bought him a PS2 game. I finally found the old controller, which I had hidden and forgotten months ago. He asked if he could get a new game every time he got an A on a test. Always plotting, that one ... :) I told him it was the fact that it was math, his worst subject, and being voted team captain, in the same day. Oh.
From one day to the next, I never know what to expect from him!

crazymama30

Terry, heres hoping you get another good day or two. Sometimes the switch from one day to another can be exhausting, can't it?

DDD

Enjoy every moment of the "up" times. They are so encouraging and reaffirm that he is capable of success. Senind best wishes. DDD

shellyd67

Terry, isn't it amazing how this can make your whole day perfect ? Congrats to your difficult child on both counts !!! My difficult child came home with his 1st math test yesterday too. 20 out of 20 correct ! Perfect score for my difficult child ! I just hope it continues ... LOL

TerryJ2

Thank you.
I have to be careful not to get my hopes up too much--even though he was very talkative and happy yesterday, he could be down tomorrow. I am trying hard to find a pattern, but he's so sneaky, I can't tell if he's up in the middle of the night or what.
Fingers crossed for continuing maturity.

TerryJ2

He's still doing well. Dug his heels in about the dishes and a video game last night, but in general is okay. Haven't gotten any emails from the teachers yet. I guess no news is good news. :)
Tonight is the open house so I will learn more.

DDD

I hope that he recognizes that the biggest award is his self pride and he aims to achieve in the future for just how good it makes you feel inside. Building self esteem really makes decision making easier and with additional success he may morph into a total easy child. Hugs. DDD

InsaneCdn

He's still doing well. Dug his heels in about the dishes and a video game last night, but in general is okay. Haven't gotten any emails from the teachers yet. I guess no news is good news. :)
Tonight is the open house so I will learn more.

Terry - I know. Its really hard to morph from difficult child-parent-mode to typical teen-parent-mode. I'm having to go back to kindergarten and learn how to parent all over again!

Isn't it wonderful?!

TerryJ2

Uh ... yeah ...

:)

Last night he lied and tried to get out of doing his math. Finally did it just b4 husband and I got home.
The open house was okay. Nothing unexpected. Except that missing items difficult child didn't know about hadn't actually been handed out so I was relieved to know difficult child isn't losing things. :) He got his school pictures back. He looks mean. Hmm. Guess it's the tough guy thing.