Wow How Things Have Changed!!

StressedM0mma

difficult child just got a new Nancy Drew game for her computer tonight. She was playing for a little bit, and said the charger for her computer had quit. She just got a new one not long ago. She checked it, and noticed that the foster puppy chewed through the wire. She was rightfully upset. But... she never screamed raged or blamed. I told her that I was sorry that it happened, and that I would try to get a replacement tomorrow. And, she said to me, "it's ok, I am upset, but you didn't mean for this to happen." Then when husband sat down to fix it, she offered to help him any way he needed. husband just tried to fix it, and it didn't work. Guess I need to go out tomorrow and buy a new one. And, it is worth every penny just seeing how difficult child reacted to the situation.

B

Bunny

I love it!! She deserves the new charger cable just for the way she reacted to this! Im really glad to hear it.

StressedM0mma

Bunny I know! husband was just like I am not spending $ on it when I can order one. I completely disagreed. I am getting to the store when it opens to pick one up for her.
By about 10:30 last night I was just sitting on the couch in tears, just one of those days. She came over and gave me a hug. She is trying so hard. She even asked husband if they could sit down everynight at the same time to work on her Math homework together. I am so proud of her.

StressedM0mma

Thanks everybody. I am really proud of her. She is really trying. And, that is all I really care about at this point. I really never thought we could get here. I have most definitely changed my goals and outlook. And, I have leaned not to care about what other people think.

HMBgal

Awesome! Good job everyone (because it really does take a village...more for some kids than others). It gives me hope.

StressedM0mma

Thanks IC. I can't believe how far we have come. I still have the moments when I go to the "I wish difficult child would realize I she can do" but then quickly remind myself that those were MY dreams for her. Not her dreams. And, that it is ok if she never attends college, that the ultimate goal is for her to be able to take care of herself, and hold a job.

InsaneCdn

She is 15. You have no idea how far she'll go in the next 10 years. There's LOTS of options out there for mature students. She needs to get her feet under her first, conquor the "monster". Then she can still decide she wants more for her future. It doesn't all depend on the next 3 years.