wow i'm really sick again

Jena

so i'm sitting here laughing, i'Tourette's Syndrome not funny but it is. I'm sick again. I've had cold and fever on and off thru week yet kept running with difficult child and easy child all week long.

So, last night that was it chest was hurting fever, nose stuffed up, couldnt' breath right look like matt truck ran me over.

i'm supposed to go do laundry today, i have no choice there is nothing clean for week. last night i bought food late because difficult child's anxiety was too high so i said ok today i'll make exception. so easy child came home from track meet and i left them and did it.

so, any good at home remedies to get me moving by tmrw a.m.??? I'm throwing tons of vitamin c in, taking advil, have vicks on, hauls in mouth, drinking tea. i think i covered it all. this may take medications again.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Robatussin (sp) DM Does a great job. Especially to get the junk outta your chest. I've already begun to feel better, although I won't put myself on the well list yet.

Make certain you wash that vicks off with hot water and lots of soap before you even dare go outside. If your house is drafty and chlly, don't wear it until you go to bed. (thinking chest here) It opens your bronchi and makes you suseptible to pneumonia if you do.

Push the fluids, take naps. Hot steamy shower usually helps me cough things up. I know that cold vapor stuff is all the rage nowdays.....but when I'm sick I can't stand the cold long enough to use one.

((hugs))

Jena

Lisa

thanks. i didn't think of that i'll go get some on laundry run. the vicks thing, never thought of that, the things you learn. :)

nap may be impossible, difficult child's off the wall today. yet maybe after laundry is done I can manage to lay on couch for a bit before I clean and put clothes away. You know what else is good i just thought of pot of water boiling it than putting head over it with a towel.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Hypochondriac?
Just tell yourself you are not really sick.
Just get up and feel better!
You just want to be sick so you can lie around all day and eat bon-bon's.
You like being sick?
Rub dirt on it. Tough guy. (That is from husband's Bio-Dad in Shelby-Tucky)

OK well hopefully I at least made you laugh or smile! I hate that when I start feeling better and get hit again.
I am not a big believer in medications unless it is a bacterial thingy.
But when I have to go out or am not sleeping, I do use stuff with a antihistamine for my stuffy or coughs. I also will get one with a pain reliever as well.

I am a tea, zinc and vitamin c girl. I also love the face over the steaming tea pot.
Oh and a shot of brandy if all else fails!!!

I hope you start feeling better soon!

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
At the first sign of a cold I start sucking on Coldeez. Then, I swear by a shot of brandy and 2 Motrin at bedtime.

Suz

M

ML

Time which you don't have and rest which you can't do. Otherwise you're doing the right things. I like mucinex for the loosening up the gunk. I pray for a speedy healing process. You might try some visualizion, white healing light flooding those nasty virus germs. Thinking of you, ML

trinityroyal

Robitussin DM will do a number on any coughing.
Also, my doctor recommends a nasal saline solution squirted up each nostril first thing in the morning and again before bed. Clears up the nasal congestion and gets out the phlegm and other nasties that are stuck in your sinuses.

Hot tea, chicken soup (it really works!), a shot of brandy...
They all help you feel better.

If you have a brutal cough and don't have to drive or be 100% lucid, my doctor recommends cough syrup with codeine. As he put it, "It eases your cough. And even if it doesn't, you don't care!"

Hope you feel better soon.

Trinity

Jena

Toto ha ha i did laugh. :) You are funny. I'm a zinc person also and echnicea i can't spell. hey brilliant ppl can't spell you know that right?? LOL see me sick and funny.

Yea i'm funny at bedtime i've got the saline mist going the vicks, i'm like an old woman. my tissues. remember the odd couple. that's me the guy who cleans everythign and i spray doorknobs with lysol, there i said it. Hi my name is Jen I use lysol on door knobs "Hi Jen!"

clearly i need sleep. i just started laundry have to go back out again, i de iced our steps, and easy child just made me lunch. sleep problem isnt' happening but couch time is a must. we shall see.

Jena

hey no one said anything about my avatar change?? wee i go. i love it! toto i loved the toilet paper where did it go??

Star*

call 911........call 911
You go wheeeeee?

ahhhhh ha! Maybe zat ees your problum.......you doing all dis weeing und you ahr seek again. I see. I see vat your prublem ees. Too much Veeeeeing.

(makes sign of the cross, adjusts mask, sprays Lysol, and wipes bottom of shoes with clorox - then leaves - SCREAMING down the hall to the disenfectant spray room, where I rip off the paper gown, am scrubbed head to toe with chemicals, given a new change of clothes) and

politely waves goodbye then leaves.....:whiteflag:

wheeeeeeeing......yuppppppppppp.........too much. :alien:

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Scientists haven't been able to figure out why but chicken soup works awesome. Even if you all you have is some chicken boullion, it will help.

Next on the list: hot tea, vicks vaporub, hot shower, napping, saline nasal spray, ice chips/lots of liquids, Mucinex D (NOT DM) is by far the BEST ever for a cold and cough and Advil for fever if it gets too high. Do NOT take any of those multi-symptom cold medications - it is better to take each medication by itself so you can better control the doses.

Feel better.

Jena

thanks Jo I'm just sitting for the first time today. it feels good.

Star yes too much Wee makes me wanna ...... hmmm pee?? LOL....... that is not what I wanted to say. Let's try it again, too much wee makes me wanna see my way to the beed?? BED.

More advil needed lol........

back to my corner I go after I scrub down and change my clothes and wipe my feet with disinfectant!! :)

Abbey

Spork Queen
I'm there with ya, Jenn. My problem is I take OTC medications and am knocked out. I've slept more in the last week than I have in a year. Came home today from work and promptly laid down on the couch with the TV blaring, which I hate. I slept right through it.

father in law picked me up from work and said...you don't look so good. You think? I'm tired of being sick. I think it is the flu. I have the next 2 days off (amazing) so I should be able to rest.

Hope you feel better.

Abbey