Wow

crazymama30

difficult child is being a &^%%%*** tonight. I am ready to duck tape his mouth shut. He is argueing, over reacting to everything (I bumped very lightly his forhead, and he screamed several times about how I hit him in the eye) slamming the door repeatedly. I am going to wait and see if he gets better in the next day or two, and if this stays the same I am not sure what we are going to do. It does not help that I lost my temper and yelled at him, that just escalates it more. Oh how I am ticked.

Poor easy child wants to go to the store to buy a cake for my sis's birthday. I don't want to go. The only way we will go is if difficult child and I wait in the car and she goes in the store. That boy is not setting foot in a public place right now!

tiredmommy

{{{Hugs}}} I hope the board fairy shows up tonight & sprinkles her pixie dust so that difficult child can be lived with, he sounds over the top. Is he having a hard time adjusting to school?

smallworld

Oh, CM, I'm sorry you're having a rough night. Didn't you say you just did a medication adjustment? Perhaps it's activating him? Or it hasn't kicked in yet? Or . . . or . . . I'm just grasping at straws?

I'm really sorry. I have definitely had nights like this with my own kids. I hope things settle down soon.

Last edited:

crazymama30

No school yet, that is what scares the bejeebers out of me.

Smallworld, it is probably one of those things you mention, but god knows what!

This is horrible, but I am so glad I am going to work later. This is my caregiving job, I will work from 10pm to 4pm tommorrow (yes, 16hrs) and itis so peaceful there. Right near a river, pt is usually not to bad to deal with, and I make decent money. I get to sleep but get woken occasionally.

He is eating dinner and ate 4 chicken legs so far, maybe being hungry did not help?

pepperidge

Don't underestimate the anxiety of starting a new school...plus you are anxious too about it so all in all, probably not going to the best time. Wonder if there is something you can do that will take his mind completely off of it? maybe a good time to allow a little more video time of something not too violent or whatever...

good luck. It is good to escape sometimes...

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Maybe he needs to just go for a run or something physically exhausting. Need some wood chopped? ;) Too much stimulant can make my difficult child 1 irritable. We've cut back his Daytrana about 10mg this past week and he seems to be doing better (yup, I trim the patch). And if he's not eating enough protein during the day he gets cranky, too. Maybe make sure he's getting enough to eat -- I know how that patch can mess with their appetite.

M

ML

I hate when manster gets over-reactive and oversensitive. He's doing that a bit this weekend for some reason. It's tiring, isn't it? Gentle hugs of understanding xo mL