WTF??????????????

pasajes4

I just got a text message from the 19 yr. old. " Mom if someone comes to the house, call the police. I will explain later."

This is one of the main reasons I did not want him living here. I didn't want to be involved in his drug fueled life style. Why the @#$% would someone come to my house. He does not live here. There are not enough cuss words to express how angry I am. The phone number is from a throw away phone. I have no information that I can give the police. I don't even know where he is. I have not seen him, and I have not had anyone give me information about him.

Lil

Oh Pasa...how terrible. But I wouldn't wait to call the police. I'd call now and let them know what's going on. Sounds like a drug dealer looking for money. A dear friend of mine has had her life threatened due to her daughter's drug abuse, she got a security system installed in her home as a result.

But call them now. At least they can increase the drive-bys for a while and maybe head off any trouble.

Big hugs.

pasajes4

I did call the police after I posted. I am waiting for them to show up. He is the gift that just keeps on giving.

pasajes4

I kind of wish I had not told the busy body to quit giving me info on him. I would at least know where to send the police.

InsaneCdn

Pasa - I think he is warning you that a "third party" may come to your home, likely looking for your son. He doesn't want YOU to get hurt by this, it's not your fault. He will deal with himself but wants you to be wary and protect yourself. So it really doesn't matter too much where HE is. If that makes sense.

Praecepta

Ask the police about doing something like this: Stick a note on the door saying that your son no longer lives there and not to bother the occupant.

So far as the police, they have told me they will do something if someone does something to me (hits me, kills me, damages property, etc.), but can't do anything until something happens!

pasajes4

Just got through talking to the police. They will do increased presence in the neighborhood. They are aware of son and they are looking for him. We have had 6 fatal shootings in a 10 mile radius of my home in the last month with another 3 shootings in the past 4 days. I think I am going to have a freakin nervous breakdown.

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
OMG Pasa I can feel the anxiety for you. We had a lot of unsavory characters come to our door over the years too. I think you've done all you can do for now. Good that the police are aware.

Holy cow are you in a big city? That is a whole lot of crime.

Hugs and prayers you stay safe.

Albatross

Good grief, Pasa. My heart jumped out of my throat just reading that message. Glad you called the police and they are providing some extra resources. Stay safe.

BusynMember

Be careful. My daughter was in trouble with dealers and they threatened to kill her family if she didn't pay up. She didn't tell us until after she quit, but this was about the time she left

Sister's Keeper

Just got through talking to the police. They will do increased presence in the neighborhood. They are aware of son and they are looking for him. We have had 6 fatal shootings in a 10 mile radius of my home in the last month with another 3 shootings in the past 4 days. I think I am going to have a freakin nervous breakdown.

OMG. I'm sorry, how scary. I'm glad you called. Don't answer the door, just call the police if anyone rings.

Copabanana

OMG PASA.

I am so sorry. How infuriating. The tiny bit of silver lining is that he does care. But what a jerk!

What ever happened to that condo/town house you were thinking of buying in the nice neighborhood. It sounded so nice. Don't leave a forwarding address!

Scent of Cedar *

Ask the police about doing something like this: Stick a note on the door saying that your son no longer lives there and not to bother the occupant.

Do as Praecepta suggests, pasa. Front door and back.

Agony. For yourself, for your son. For yourself. For your son.

Prayers, pasa. For you, and for him.

Cedar

Praecepta

...We have had 6 fatal shootings in a 10 mile radius of my home in the last month with another 3 shootings in the past 4 days. I think I am going to have a freakin nervous breakdown.

Wonderful!

Feeling safe in your home is a basic need. Depending on your budget, there are several things you can do to feel safer.

First of all don't open the door unless you know who it is. Place the note there saying your son has moved and the occupants don't know where he is. Use the word "occupants" and that will imply you are not related.

Get some pepper spray. You can spray that in the face of an attacker.

You can make a "safe room" out of a bathroom or a closet. Install a solid door and special locks / bars on inside of door which will make it very difficult to break through. You can lock yourself in, then use your cell phone to call for help.

If you have a car with a key FOB, note these have an emergency button on them. You may be able to press that while inside your home and make your car horn alarm - make all sorts of racket! That might drive away an attacker.

Also you can get a home alarm system with wireless "panic buttons" Pressing that button would sound an outside siren and summon the police.

And you can get bars on the windows - a bared security door.

Or a peep hole in your door to see who is outside.

You can also stay at a friend's house for a bit until this passes over.

For safe room construction, search google.com for the words: safe room

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
Pasa:

I thought you had mentioned you may move? I'm not sure if I read that or not.

I think this would be a good time if you are truly thinking of doing so!

pasajes4

Pracepta, Thank you for your suggestions. I have a wireless alarm system that monitors all of the doors and windows. I also have security cameras inside and out. My exterior doors are reinforced metal. I use wasp spray as it is cheaper and much more of an irritant to the eyes, nose, and mouth. My bedroom has a series of 4 locked doors. The door to the master suite is reinforced metal. I have had this system in place since my house got robbed 4 times in a 3 month period of time. The outside cameras are new and go straight to my phone.

pasajes4

I decided against moving. My house will be paid off by December. I may decide to move at that time. I am just not up to having strangers tromping through my house and it is not always practical for me to vacate the house for a showing.