WTH and OMW

H

HaoZi

Yesterday she finally had an ok day at school this week. Today? OMW. I got a call while I was on break to come get her, there were two officers there trying to calm her down.
More of the "I want to hurt myself" phrases (every time she's ticked off something along these lines is her first response). More chair throwing, shoe throwing, glasses throwing.
Tomorrow she'll spend in the front office and I'll be picking her up early.
The cause of all this? She got in an argument with a kid over whether Athena is the god of war, or if someone else is.
*headdesk*
*repeat*

TerryJ2

Argh! I am so sorry.
Do you think she can stay on the medications for another 2 wks?
My son got into it with-another kid about one of the gods of war last yr but they didn't get violent. They had a bet on it. (I hope it wasn't money ...) I looked up the names and said they were both right, since one was the Roman name and the other, the Greek name.
Sheesh.

H

HaoZi

There's many gods/goddesses of war, so it was a totally pointless argument. She just started her full dosage increase on Monday afternoon, I'm hoping it kicks in soon! She's not out of school until June 7, they have a fair number of days to make up.

Malika

Sorry to hear things have been so difficult recently.
What happens during school holidays there? Do you have play centres where the children can go, what do people who work do?

((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))

the end of school cant come soon enough.
i had the phone call yesterday....and not even over something so polarizing.

mine was because "she touched his book without asking him for permission first"

:|

so no words of wisdom here....just a commiseration.

T

TeDo

I'm so sorry HaoZi. I know that feeling. I hate what the Aspie rigid thinking can cause sometimes. {{{{(((HUGS)))}}}} to you both.

H

HaoZi

Thanks ladies. She had a few more blow ups today, but she's been calming better after them. Tired of the spring spazzing, bring on summer.

Marguerite

Two possible deeper problems - the other kid may also have been Aspie and obsessing about being right. Or the other kid might have been choosing to push her buttons.

A suggestion for you to pass on to her - when someone says something that she believes to be incorrect, instead of insisting on being right, she can look on it as an opportunity to teach. And if necessary, learn to take her friend by the hand, go to the library and use an encyclopedia, a dictionary or even a search engine online, to look it up. Learn to research and PROVE your answer, shouting it louder doesn't achieve a darn thing.

When SIL2 moved in with us (when he was just easy child 2/difficult child 2's boyfriend) he came from a background where bravado and bragging was the norm. he would make a sweeping statement, often urban myth or that ilk, and when we challenged it, he would insist. So instead of getting angry with him, we would say, "That is interesting. I wonder what more we can find out about it?" and we would ALL go and look it up. We presented it to him as "It's not unusual for people to make that mistake; the truth is similar, but a bit more complicated."

Now, some years later, he has enough confidence in himself to occasionally be wrong, but to go look it up if he's not sure. Or to ask someone - it's no shame to do so. To admit you don't know - again, no shame.

It's taken a lot of gentle support to get to this stage, but the end result is a person who instead of getting angry at a difference of opinion, now knows how to handle it with logic (an Aspie strength) and calmness. And knowing how to research! (also an Aspie strength)

Marg

H

HaoZi

I wish it was that easy. Besides that both of them were right, her trigger time was under 5 minutes. She doesn't stop to think, logic is not her strength. She simply reacts, and nothing she knows on an intellectual level about better ways to handle it stay with her then. Now it's at the point where my job is threatened, I can't go pick her up any longer and I have no one else here that can do it, either. She will just have to be transported to the ER and I'll handle the fallout when I get out of work.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Well my first comment would have been "iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII'm guessing YOU are the Goddess of War. Let's go (insert name)"

Bang head here (desk) repeat......Bang head here (desk) repeat.

I too was fairly certain at some point I was either raising Aries, or Loki......or there's a lot more I could compare thee to...however like you said "So many Gods, so little time." I get her thought process of sometimes you just have to be right. Actually? That's a really AWESOME place for a therapist to start working with her - it's not only subjects they could talk about - but anger management strategies he could work on with her - like - WHY is it so important you be right? - If she has a therapist worth a snort - it's a great place to work with her from.

Sending hugs and a head pad. (I'll dispense with adding the video for BANG YOUR HEAD) lol

Back to my Trident-------(waves .........hahah get it? waves, trident) oh I sea......you are knot in the mood for humor.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I'm raising Loki. No joke. Especially if you consider the character in Dogma.

...Could be an angel... Fell instead...

H

HaoZi

Kiddo is just flat-out resistant to anger management stuff. "Nothing works, it only makes me worse!"
Well of course it doesn't work if you're already set against it and won't try!
*grabs cushion and uses to muffle scream*

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Kiddo is just flat-out resistant to anger management stuff. "Nothing works, it only makes me worse!"
Well of course it doesn't work if you're already set against it and won't try!
*grabs cushion and uses to muffle scream*

Kiddo = Onyxx, 7 years ago...