X-Box Type World

Andy

I live in Minnesota - important to know for this situation.

I learned today through the news that either an elementary or middle school (conflicting stories) an hour from where I live was evacuated yesterday due to a bomb threat. Investigations led to a suspect in the state of Washington!!!!

Why would someone from Washington be calling a school in MN to make a bomb threat? Because someone from that school played a video game like X-Box with this sicko and gave out too much information!

difficult child thinks the kid from the school told the person from Washington to make the call. Even so, that is a stupid thing to do. Glad they found the people involved.

T

TeDo

I hadn't heard that was what they found. I hate it when the news tells such sensational stories but then doesn't give you any updates, expecially if it's "harmless".

I agree, like I tell my kids: "It's only a game for god's sakes".

Star*

call 911........call 911
Makes you wonder if they are looking for ANYTHING at this time to take the focus off of 2 BILLION dollar spent on bombs for Libya. Talk about wag the dog.

Andy

Yes, it is unusual to give out an update. I did misunderstand - no evacuation, just stayed in lockdown. There was a shooting the night before that involved a student from the school. It was off campus but I suppose part of the investigation procedure is to keep all kids safe until the incident is explained (make sure the shooter isn't after another child). So, the school was already in a lockdown.

I think the news was shared to 1. Remind kids of the dangers of conversations over the video games with people they do not know and 2. to assure the public that this person was not from around here making the likely hood of anyone being in real danger very slim if any!

This is the 3rd major crisis this town has faced this year (2011)! All three with students from their schools.