X just texted me

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
"are you receiving the checks from my garnishments?"

I sense some contension in his text, I am sure he's not please he is having money forcefully removed from his check to pay support towards his kids!

UGH, I am please to say I did not respond!

KTMom91

Good for you! As I reminded Useless Boy when he started up on his "boo hoo, they fired me because you had my wages garnished" rant...had you paid what you were supposed to pay when you were supposed to pay it, your wages wouldn't have been garnished.

Duh.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
He'll survive. husband did. Actually though, he wasn't thrilled to discover I was the one who'd told his ex to do it. LOL

witzend

Yes, some guys like to think that if they don't want to have anything to do with their kids, they just don't have to. Fatherhood always catches up to them because either mom or the government is going to find them and the money. Boo hoo!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Ahhhh. Careful there! It's not always the fathers that are to blame, although I will admit they're more prevalent.

BM is not paying support right now. She's thousands in the hole. She tells difficult child 2 she's paying (don't laugh) $700 a month. (Court says $300, she is currently paying an average of $0).

They don't go after "deadbeat moms" in the news very often. Not good press - and men don't like being seen as "the weak & helpless single parent".

Dads ARE more likely to be in arrears... 1) Moms get custody more often; 2) Moms are more likely to refuse to let kids see Dad and/or make false allegations to keep him away; 3) false allegations & chasing all over the place trying to make sure kids are doing OK is bad for keeping a job... AND THEN there are the sperm donors who give the reasonable fathers a bad name. Like your X.

Off my soapbox now. Sorry. :surprise:

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
What seems like another lifetime ago, my exh quit his job after the courts imposed the first garnishment and he hasn't worked a normal job since!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Yup... BM did the same thing last October... Told difficult child 1 she wasn't paying any more $ for us to waste (LOL, how funny, her meager support does not cover groceries much less anything else)... Changed jobs... New job finally got with the program 4 weeks ago... We think she's quit again.

Good thing we never expected any.

AnnMarieTN

My ex's child support is garnished from his wages too. He had purposely moved out of his apartment to live in his car. He said he would haven't to pay when the judge found out he was homeless.

The judge told him that he had a place he could stay, but didn't think he would like it very well :) (jail lol)

My ex loves to tell people all about how I am living on 3 incomes (his, mine, and my husband) lol

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Wow. I'd LOVE to live on 3 incomes. But I guess I'll have to wait till I win the lottery for that as we're living on one right now.

Sounds like your ex just doesn't get (or maybe care) how much kids COST! They are worth it, but wouldn't it make life a teensy bit easier if the exes did their share instead of playing games?

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Sounds like your ex just doesn't get (or maybe care) how much kids COST!

NO ONE gets it until they have to suppport a kid full time. My exh has thrown a little money into the pot over the years, but he STILL doesn't have a clue and never offers. When I threw easy child and difficult child's graduation parties, which was only family and very very close friends (maybe 30 people), he helped set up and break down, but never offered to help pay. It just never occurs to him. He's not a thoughtful person in any way.

When easy child was away at college and would come visit or we'd visit her, my H would always throw her some cash, maybe $50, $100, even $200, but exh never EVER just sent her a $50 spot over the course of the years. And not because he didn't have money. He doesn't now, but he did then. Loser. I've forgiven him, but I haven't forgotten. You get what you give.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
NO ONE gets it until they have to suppport a kid full time.

Biomom was residential till 2007, you think she'd understand. She kept telling difficult child 1 that husband wasn't paying support. Well... Turns out she wasn't actually getting it, because food stamps and welfare get paid back first! difficult child 1 asked me why they had all these expensive clothes and electronics and had to use food stamps (she was embarrassed). I had to bite my tongue and tell her I wasn't sure how it worked. She was confused because we shop at JC Penney, Goodwill, Wal-Mart, etc. but never needed food stamps. So I told her everyone has different priorities.

And then she submitted 80 pages of receipts that we were supposed to PAY - to HER... Hundreds of dollars' worth of candy. Victoria's Secret. Hotel rooms. Prophylactics and feminine hygiene washes. Needless to say that flew - straight into the ground.

Star*

call 911........call 911
>are you happy with the money you get from my wages being garnished?

(OH I HAVE A FEW RETORTS)

< Yes, aren't you happy that my pre- "child bearing" services didn't cost you a dime?

< No, could you send more - you cheap *******.

< WHINE WHINE WHINE - I'm sending cyber townhouse crackers & cheap cheese.

< The guy "getting it" now doesn't have to pay NEARLY as much as you are. :surprise:

< OH are you upset? Mission accomplished. Jerk........double jerk.

< Why don't you get a real job and send me a real check?

< Well, it's not like I can pay for the Mercedes AND a pedicure, but it puts Evian in the fridge for my Bridge partners.

< OHhhhhhh is THAT what that pathetic little tiny check was for? Figured if it was SMALL it was YOURS. :laugh:

< I did cash the check - but I haven't spent it. I'm saving up for something nice for my new boyfriend.

UGH.....

donna723

Ha! My ex figured that I just kept all the child support money in a big pile and then when the kid needed something extra (like graduation expenses) I could just start pulling 50's and 100's out of the pile! He figured that I should support him off of my tiny income, and what he sent was for extras and emergencies, not clothing, doctor visits, electric bills and groceries!

Of course he never paid a single dime of it voluntarily - only after it was taken from his paycheck, and he delayed that as along as he could!