Xanax withdrawals?

JKF

I also find that my anxiety is horrible when I'm not eating quite right. If I don't eat "clean" and have too much sugar or refined carbs I'm a mess. My body and mind get totally out of whack! I've struggled with anxiety since I was a kid and I've felt like you're feeling now. I don't wish that feeling on my worst enemy. It takes a lot of work and a lot of trial and error to figure out what works and what doesn't. I hope you figure it out soon!!

Californiablonde

Well psychiatrist seems to think I'm not going through Xanax withdrawals. Intstead of taking it away he upped my dose from .25 to .50. And since dropping my coffee intake from 4 cups a day down to 2 cups daily I'm feeling a bit of a difference. Yesterday I was anxious during the day because of the DA meeting so I had valid reasons to have anxiety. So far today I'm feeling much better.

InsaneCdn

Yes, there is "real" anxiety, and then there's the "just because" anxiety.
And the real anxiety has a real cause, and you can fight the anxiety by doing things like preparing for the situation - writing down your thoughts, pulling together other documentation, etc.
It's the "just because" stuff that is so hard to fight!

You'll know soon enough... you're taking the new dose tonight, right?

Californiablonde

I take the Xanax as needed only. Usually I stay up later on Friday nights to watch my shows and I don't really feel the anxiety as much like I do during the week. So I may or may not be taking it tonight, depending on how I feel.

InsaneCdn

you still might want to find a "reason" to take it either tonight or tomorrow night... so you can "test" it on a weekend day, rather than a work day.