Yahooo....Last night with the old Buckaroo!

Tiapet

Old Hand
I am so utterly happy for you Janet that Buckeypoo is gone. I really hope that he is truly gone, no need to even stop by for any reason what so ever. I wish you peace and serenity. I hope that you and Tony may be able to readjust an just perhaps maybe mend your relationship, even a little bit in baby steps if necessary. {hugs}

DammitJanet

We all do know its not really over right? He called Tony 4 times today to say his cable hadnt been cut on and what should he do, then it was he needed a table or something to hold his tv, and did he leave his crockpot here, and then to make sure Tony was going to come get him tomorrow for church and then take him to Easter dinner. Oh and he wanted to know if they were going to go fishing after that.

During all but the last call we were out shopping and Tony cut him off and told him he would call him back. Then Tony tells me we need to get him some pictures for his walls. I am like do what? Pictures of what? Why do we need to get him pictures? Tony says oh you know...religious pictures. I said, tell him to go to any Family Dollar store and they have them by the dozens. I am not buying him a thing. Tony better not take one dang bit of my furniture over to his house for him either. I dont care if we are using it or not. I might someday. He can go get one of those little plastic tables from family dollar for a few bucks. Which reminds me...I have to make sure Tony didnt let him take the kids play table as a side table.

I am supposed to go to easter dinner tomorrow and now I dont know that I want to go. We have the baby overnight tonight and now Tony will have to go get him in the morning to take him to church then he will have to come back here while we all get ready to pack up the food and head over to Corys. Me, Tony, the baby, and Billy. We all wont fit in one car if Buck is there. Im thinking that maybe Billy and I will just stay behind.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Well, one thing I can say for certain.......

Even when you want to help someone, all that calling for help with this or that.......plz drive me around.......plz include me in absolutely everything.......junk?? Gets old fast. Tony will get tired of it, and he will see the light. Especially if Buck asks for things such as those pictures and stuff all the time. And if Tony helps him with his request, we all know difficult children, they'll just keep right on coming.

I was more than willing to drive katie and M around to get necessary stuff done. Until they abused it from the get go. Drive the kids to the bus stop (which in my opinion was over the top anyway, bus stop was 2 bleeping blocks from my house)........oh, by the way can you take me to Mc D's all the way across town for a cup of coffee or breakfast?

Or Alex lost the new coat you bought him (ok was yard sale but the darn thing looked brand new), can you buy him a new one?

Buck has the same sense of entitlement that Katie and M do. And trust me, it will drive you nuts if you let it.

I wouldn't let Buck spoil my Easter plans, but that is just me. Not that I'm big on the holiday, but the kiddos are cute ect.

Buck may still be a thorn in your side for a while. but at least he's not in your face 24/7.

DDD

I really don't want to sound negative but I just can't help it. Sorry, Janet.

I "think" that Buck is going to ask or "need" to spend the night at your place tonight. Not sure what the excuse is going to be. Maybe he will have a belly ache. Maybe it will just "be easier to ride into work with Tony". My gut says he is going to have a plan for Easter and it ain't gonna be dressing up like a dumb Bunny! Sigh. DDD

donna723

Yep, Buck is going to try everything he can to keep in constant contact with Tony and keep him engaged! There will be no end to his neediness! The term "self-reliant" is just not in his vocabulary. He's going to expect Tony to be his willing taxi service at the drop of a hat and will expect him to solve every problem he runs in to. If he wants to know when his cable service is going to be connected, why doesn't he call the cable company instead of calling Tony? Because he wants Tony to do it for him instead of doing it for himself! This constant neediness should get old very fast and I predict that Tony will soon reach his limit when it's him that is being inconvenienced a dozen times a day!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I wish I could be positive too. But Katie & M pulled that stunt on me at xmas last year, remember?

A last ditch effort to try and stay.......... Thankfully for them it didn't work as I'd followed up on a gut feeling and had already contacted the shelter here to make sure there were vacancies.

Be wary, he's going to at least try to come back.

((hugs))

recoveringenabler

Staff member
He sounds to me like an old, cranky, needy, selfish, manipulative difficult child who needs the same boundary setting and strict behavioral guidelines that we would impose on any of our kids who were acting out and acting badly.

DDD

Donna I am sure I am a bore to everyone in the family this month due to my addiction withdrawal symptoms etc. etc. BUT, lol, too bad people I am family so you gotta put up with me. (by the way, do NOT believe that a month eliminates the nicotene addiction...they LIE!)

But......back to Buck. We have to remember that the PIA does not know how to read so he likely can not call the cable people independently. Therefore he is likely to remain dependent for a long time. H also "may" not know how to get to work or the meeting place for work. Bummer! Poor Janet. DDD

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
DDD

I'd have to challenge this thing with his reading skills. While they may not be great, Janet said he had a driver's license.........which requires he pass a written exam, which requires reading skills. M probably couldn't pass such an exam, which is probably why he has never had a license. Know what I mean?? I'm not saying he's a great reader by a long shot. But if you've ever taken a written exam, you have to be able to read fairly well because some of those questions are tricky.

Sorry you're having such a hard time with the withdrawal symptoms this time. (((hugs)))
Psst........you might have to lie soon and tell me it's all peachy keen and a bed of roses. I'm trying to gear myself up to quitting cold turkey or giving it my best shot anyway here soon. I'm hoping with no husband here being a major bear and PIA that I'll be able to manage it without killing someone. LOL (but I'm still in the psyching myself up stage)

DDD

My poor dear friend, Hound. I am like George Washington and the blankin' apple tree. I just can't fudge the truth. I am still having a God awful time and I'm sure that husband and his health issues etc. etc. are making it worse. If you took a poll of people who actually "know me" you would be amazed to know that I am NOT a whiner.

Maybe it will be much easier for you. I am down in the dumps. I'm nervous about husband's breathing problems getting worse. I'm tense that difficult child#1 is going to be the "caregiver" for husband since I am the only one who can run the store for the four days they will be gone. on the other hand, we really have every reason to believe in the competence of Mayo and are thankful that we can get husband in there.

I really hope that my whining cycle will be over soon and I really, really hope that you will be able to keep exercising, eating healthily and be able to dumb the weed soon. Last time I quit I was younger and had a good reason to change my lifestyle....it worked with minimal problems. I hope and pray your experience will be similarly simple and rewarding. Hugs. And thanks for caring. DDD

PS: Time will tell about Buck...sign.