Yankee or Dixie?

Fall through - did not happen

Fall into place - it happened

Fall down the stairs - what I did last winter

Heather, we also had breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Like I said, I thought people who had supper were special. Same with anyone who ever had a luncheon. And yeah, our lunches were sandwiches too.

meowbunny

Exact opposite here. Supper was everyday. Dinner was the special meals. Y'all come over for supper, casual invite to whomever. Y'all come for Christmas dinner, formal, the whole shebang. Dinner was between 2 and 4 pm. Supper was 6-8. Never heard of brunch until I visited friends in California in my late 20s.

If it "fell through" the cracks, it didn't happen. If it "fell into place," it not only happened but happened quite nicely. And sorry you fell down the stairs last year BBK. That hurts!

wakeupcall

OMGosh.........I think I'm supposed to be embarrassed....I scored 83% Dixie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Born in Midwest, LOVE living in the south. This is really fun!

Kathy813

Staff member
wyntersgrace,

Could you be thinking of "laying out" as in stayed home but not sick? My students do it all the time, bless their hearts.

:rofl: :rofl:

~Kathy

happymomof2

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: meowbunny</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Exact opposite here. Supper was everyday. Dinner was the special meals. Y'all come over for supper, casual invite to whomever. Y'all come for Christmas dinner, formal, the whole shebang. Dinner was between 2 and 4 pm. Supper was 6-8. Never heard of brunch until I visited friends in California in my late 20s.

If it "fell through" the cracks, it didn't happen. If it "fell into place," it not only happened but happened quite nicely. And sorry you fell down the stairs last year BBK. That hurts!</div></div>

So you guys ate 4 meals a day? Breakfast, lunch, dinner and supper?
WOW!

meowbunny

LOL .. No. It was either dinner -- a HUGE meal. Or supper -- a regular meal. Usually, if it was a dinner, it would be no lunch and snacking later in the evening. Lots of leftovers.

Tink "invented" a meal called linner, since we don't so suppers.

We occasionally do brunch, which is of course breakfast/lunch. If we ever end up having lunch late, she calls it linner for lunch/dinner.

All right. How does everyone eat their hot dogs? What do you call them?

In Chicago, they are usually hot dogs, sometimes red hots. Always on steamed poppy seed buns. If you get one with "the works", you get mustard, relish, onion, tomato, cucumber, dill pickle, sport peppers, and celery salt. No ketchup. Ever.

how about it?

meowbunny

It's a hot dog and you eat it on a plain bun with mustard (don't like relish and raw onions don't like me). If it's a kielbasa, with mustard and heaps of sauerkraut.

Never did get the concept of loading the dog with all that junk. Sorry, BBK. But I do agree ketchup should never touch the dog or the bun. Now, if only I could convince my child of that one. ewwwwwwwww

Oh, darlin...you are not hurting my feelings.

I said that this is the CHICAGO way.

MY way is mustard only. Much like yourself.

Onions make me sick. Blech.

F

flutterbee

We eat brauts. I eat them with mustard only, but I think relish is common, too.

DDD

Mustard only here for hotdogs and/or brats....AND I personally only eat skinny hotdogs like Hebrew National. Plain old Frenchs.

No matter which I eat though, I have to make sure I have Alka
Seltzer on had for after the meal. Those things just don't agree
with me..after the fact. lol DDD